You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Preston, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
WHO ARE WE?
MHA Moore and Smalley are a top 50 leading independent advisor of accounting, business advisory and wealth management services. We have offices in Preston, Blackpool, Kendal, Lancaster, Southport and Nottingham with over 300 partners and staff providing trusted advice to clients across the UK.
WHY WORK FOR MOORE AND SMALLEY?
- A great place to commence your career in accountancy
- We are a top 50 award winning professional services firm
- We have an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment
- Clear career opportunities and progression paths
- Focus on work/life balance - flexible working patterns/locations
- Pay progression linked to role development
- High levels of staff engagement around the firm’s values
- Great social life and involvement in community and charitable initiatives
- Part of a national and international network of firms with global opportunities
- A diverse work family
- Starting salary of £19,000 per annum, with salary increases based on exam success and performance
- Benefits package including: pension scheme, life assurance, flexible benefits (such as options to buy/sell annual leave, cycle to work scheme and dental insurance)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Popular staff social club with subsidised events throughout the year
The firm will sponsor you to undertake a 3-year training contract studying the ACA qualification. This fully funded package will include on-the-job training, exam tuition and practical skills courses, with the support of a qualified student counsellor.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment where early responsibility is actively encouraged and rewarded.
Supporting our Corporate and Business Services team to deliver a high quality service to a range of clients, you will be undertaking audit and accounting assignments and learning how to prepare draft tax computations. You will get the chance to work alongside business owners, helping design solutions which will make a positive difference to their business performance. The work is varied and fast paced. If you are a people person and enjoy helping others succeed, you will derive great job satisfaction from a career at MHA Moore and Smalley.
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to have:
- a minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*- C including Maths and English
- a minimum of 112 UCAS points at A Level, all gained in the same exam year and excluding General Studies, (based on the new 2017 UCAS tariff).
- a 2:1 degree, or higher, in any discipline but ideally in an accountancy, finance, or business-related subject
- excellent communication skills
- a genuine interest in business and finance
The successful candidate will ideally reside within easy commuting distance of the Preston area.
First interviews and testing will be held in December and second interviews will be completed in January 2019. Successful candidates will commence their role on Monday 2 September 2019.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.