You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Luton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Graduate Systems Engineers are needed to join the growing Luton Systems Engineering community to work alongside some of the most talented engineers in the UK. You will support the development of world-leading technologies and capabilities across multiple domains including Avionics, Electronic Warfare, and Unmanned and Autonomous Systems (UAS). Graduate Systems Engineers have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle to create and deliver new and emerging capabilities required by our customers; from the development of system architectures and concept designs for the next generation of EW or UAS capability, through to live trials of developed equipment and systems in the UK and abroad and working alongside our customers and end-users.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
The Luton site is home to the Electronic Warfare (EW) and Major Air Programmes (MAP) lines of business, both part of the Airborne and Space Systems Division. The division develops and produces a wide range of products and solutions for both manned and unmanned aircraft platforms, including integrated mission systems, airborne radars and sensors, protection and countermeasure systems, on-board avionics and simulation.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
Working as part of an established systems engineering community and supported by a team of experienced engineers, you will be responsible for:
- Developing practical skills in engineering design and development for complex systems, understanding key processes and technologies.
- Gaining an understanding of the EW and UAS domains to support the development of relevant products and technologies.
- Working closely with engineers across multiple disciplines to solve problems.
- Completing tasks to a high standard in accordance with appropriate processes and procedures.
- Taking an active role in engineering process improvement, ensuring the communication of best practice across the systems engineering team.
- Developing and applying your academic skills to solve problems, generate ideas and be proactive within the team.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline such as (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics) or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- Have an understanding of mathematics to at least A-Level standard, and a basic understanding of electronics.
- Knowledge of EW and UAS domain technologies and products.
- Experience of working with engineering development tools (e.g. MATLAB, Simulink, Rhapsody, DOORS, Teamcenter).
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Free parking
Leonardo is one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD, come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around!
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948