You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch because we recently closed our Series B funding, backed by a great group of strategic investors who believe in the growth of the new category of travel accommodation - homes - and in our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
Hostmaker is a tech enabled full-service home rentals management company in the proptech category, offering dynamic pricing expertise, thoughtful interior design and hotel-style operations for homes. We raised a Series B round in November 2017 and are backed by institutional funding from credible investors from technology, real estate and hospitality backgrounds.
Marriott Hotels, the largest hotel company in the world, recognised our industry leadership by selecting Hostmaker as preferred partner for its first foray into serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in April, 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just three years to be the European leader with international teams in offices in major destinations - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon.
Hostmaker was featured by Forbes as one of five fastest-growing British businesses to watch in 2016 and ranked #20 and then #11 by StartUps UK in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
The Concierge Supervisor is a pivotal member of the Guest Experience Team, leading a large team of concierge staff (or Welcome Wizards, as we like to call them), to deliver an exceptional check-in service for every guest! You will have the ability to provide our guests with a memorable stay. not only in the home but in providing hints and tips to discover the streets of London. You will inspire the team to deliver a personal and warm welcome to our guests to their home-away-from-home.
You will have exceptional attention to detail and passion for guest experience, with proven prior leadership experience and outstanding people skills. Alongside this, you are excited to think outside the box to design and implement processes into a fast-growing startup.
What can you expect?
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a team of 30+ field staff members across London - our Welcome Wizards
- Assist in daily logistics and scheduling for arriving guests to London
- Lead the recruitment and training of the London Welcome Wizard team to ensure the highest standards as we approach 100 check-ins a day
- Define and monitor concierge standards
- Assist with facilitating VIP / special check-ins
- Suggest and support new initiatives to help the Welcome Team grow
- Help identify and analyse trends in Welcome Wizard activity
Who are you?
- A solid understanding of Airbnb and the short-let market, plus points for a background in Hospitality
- A people person, with strong interpersonal skills. You have experience working and communicating across teams to deliver success
- Someone with previous experience of recruiting and managing a large team of customer-facing staff.
- A person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the nitty-gritty of an operational business
- You have impeccably high standards and have a proven ability to inspire a team to deliver the same. Experience in an operational or logistical position (or a recent graduate who can impress us!)
- Someone excited by Hostmaker and by our mission to unlock the potential of every home
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Equity depending on the level of position
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discounted Airbnb travel, we want our staff to truly understand the Airbnb experience
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Rome and Barcelona so you next holiday is sorted!)
- Competitive salary
- Local travel and phone bills are included
- No birthday goes unnoticed, so expect an embarrassingly big cake!
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
HOSTMAKER is the leading European home rentals management company, whose vision is to unlock the potential of every home by taking the hassle out of short, mid and long-term rentals. We do this through our end-to-end management service that delivers thoughtfully designed interiors, smart algorithmic pricing decisions and a personal service de
- Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2014