You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Funnily enough - a product manager manages our product, not our people. As a product manager, you're passionate about ensuring that the user takes centre stage. All aspects of their experience matter to you.
As Sumdog's product manager, you'll face unique challenges. We've got a huge spectrum of users: children who can barely read, teachers with little knowledge of computers, and educationalists and system admins in America's largest school districts.
You need to balance their needs. Our apps and website must be intuitive, engaging and stable across the broad range of desktops and devices found in schools. Administrators need fast access to key data points, yet their students must be able to build confidence in the simplest of skills.
It's a huge challenge, and we need a huge talent to make it work. We've already got some of the country's best technical minds; you'll be vital in guiding their work and making it work for our users.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- liaise with other teams in Sumdog to manage our product roadmap
- engage with our users to research and understand their needs
- analyse and understand this research to guide product design
- evaluate, refine and select solutions using iterative user research, often using prototypes
- write detailed functional requirements to guide development
- work with our product development teams throughout the implementation to champion our user's perspective;
- always learn.
If you are the right person, we will organise a training programme so that you can become a great product manager.
Why work at Sumdog. We offer:
- 39 hours per week, with flexitime
- share options
- central Edinburgh location
- an exciting and vibrant working environment
- Above all, this is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing internet business that makes a real difference to children's lives
What we are looking for
- Ability to think logically and laterally
- Minimum of six months work experience in a commercial environment
- A methodical approach to work
- Proven creativity and drive to hit deadlines
- Ability to empathise with teachers and pupils
- The communication skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues
- An open mind, to continually learn, and seek improvement and innovation
- Excellent general IT skills and numeracy
- Any experience you have in these areas may be helpful - however not essential
- Product management, product design or similar experience
- Work in an educational environment
- Agile software development
- UX experience in both web and mobile
- An appreciation of visual design
- Experience of planning and coordinating a development project
However, the most important points for us are your potential as a great product manager; and that you share our desire to help every student reach their full potential.
An honours degree from a reputable university
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Do you want to be part of an amazing team, in an innovative technology company, and feel good about what you do?
Then send the following via the Apply button
- Evidence of your creativity
- Your CV
- Phone number and availability for an initial conversation
We are looking forward to your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10/10/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitmentDiscover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.