You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Didcot, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,560.0 per year
Based at Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire, you will be part of Technology Department that provides a wide range of technologies to help deliver the next generation of large science facilities and underpin the delivery of the UK and international science programs.
As a graduate in our group you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers that are driving the development of new interconnect technologies and applying those already developed to enable tomorrow’s scientific discoveries. You will be involved in developing new technologies, fault finding when problems arise in current products, assisting with design of new products, learning the standard assembly and interconnect techniques already in use and applying those techniques to existing and new products. We are committed to making continuous process improvements in order to increase yield and reliability whilst reducing costs and lead time.
Summary of Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing new interconnect technologies and reporting on these developments
- Analysing interconnect faults and reporting your findings
- Contributing to delivering the routine jobs submitted to the Interconnect team
Ever asked yourself what life is like as on the STFC graduate scheme? This tell-all video created by those actually on the scheme may help to answer some of your questions.
- Plan and conduct experimental tests on interconnect techniques and materials
- Identify and solve problems in experimental and production systems
- Process data to extract results and figures of merit
- Present results in written reports and oral presentations
- Publish papers and present them at international workshops and conferences
- Be an active member of our multi-disciplinary research teams and the STFC Interconnect group.
- Participate in the wider departmental and STFC graduate training programme
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong academic background with or forecast first or 2:1 in a degree
- Studying Engineering with modules covering mechanical, electronic and materials engineering
- Knowledge of interconnect materials (metals, epoxies, conductive epoxies)
- Ability to use a stereo microscope for prolonged periods of time
- Confident in benefits of machine automation
- Experience in data analysis using Excel, Python or Matlab
- Demonstrate a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Able to work independently and within a team
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The Council has a broad science portfolio and works with the ac
- Science & Research
- Swindon, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2007