You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Glasgow, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 37,450.0 per year
Main PurposeCHP is the Head Tenant of 306 community health properties across England, ranging from Primary Care Centres to community hospitals, which bring together a diverse range of community and primary healthcare services, alongside related local authority and voluntary sector provision.
CHP manage and deliver an efficient, effective and professional service and have a duty to meet the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 including Fire Safety requirements in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
CHP require a Health and Fire Safety Advisor to deliver support and guidance on all Health and Safety matters to the internal Strategic Business Units of CHP. The role also encompasses a wider remit to engage and work with Tenants within the CHP estate portfolio to ensure that they understand and fulfil their health and safety obligations.
The role will encompass high levels of collaborative working with LIFT Companies and CHP Tenants to verify and review existing safety arrangement including as a priority fire safety documentation and associated procedures.
To lead safety within the region to protect the business interests, assets and well-being of Community Health Partnerships (CHP), its employees, tenants, visitors and the public from harm and risk to their health, safety and welfare.
To effectively manage and deliver a regional programme of Fire Risk Assessments and Health and Safety Statutory Compliance Audits. To include developing associated recommendation reports and management plans for the regional estate portfolio for buildings of varying complexity levels. It will also require close support and administration of the action plans to ensure that all areas have been completed within the timeline identified and to offer support to Centre Management Team members and tenants to apply any remedial measures as necessary.
To support Property and Centre Management Team members on incident response/investigation and matters arising from safety issues.
The role will require flexibility to travel to all CHP Regional sites and provide support to other regions as required.
- The Health and Safety Advisor is required to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including:
- CHP Property Team.
- CHP Centre Management Team.
- Business Information (BI) team.
- Tenants and other health/local authority providers.
- Tenant’s representative under LIFTCo arrangement.
- Primary Authority Scheme (Fire Service) Partner.
- H&FS Advisors will deliver an effective rolling programme to ensure Fire Risk Assessments are produced for all CHP sites where CHP hold the Head Tenant function.
- H&FS Advisors will develop management plans to ensure completion of any FRA remedial actions, including appropriate contingency plans.
- H&FS advisors will support Centre Management Team members where necessary to drive forward collaboration and partnership working to ensure any FRA recommendations and/or remedial actions are completed in an agreed timescale and to an appropriate standard / specification.
- H&FS advisors will collaborate with the Centre management function to deliver an effective fire evacuation exercise programme for all sites within the CHP estate portfolio.
- H&FS Advisors will be the first point of call for all telephone and email enquiries from Centre Management Team members providing advice and guidance on relevant H&S matters.
- H&FS Advisors will support regional Centre Management Team members to undertake H&S Statutory Compliance Audits on sites.
- H&FS Advisors will deliver safety training to employees across the company as necessary in line with the individual and corporate needs.
CHP WayAt CHP we consistently work together to exceed our customers’ expectations by:
- Doing what we say we’ll do.
- Investing in relationships.
- Communicating openly and honestly.
- Developing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Always delivering an excellent service.
Qualifications/Knowledge & ApplicationEssential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent e.g. the Certificate in Applied Health and Safety (NCRQ), held for a minimum of 3 years.
- Hold a relevant qualification or ability to display competence in Fire Safety Management and the undertaking and reviewing of fire risk assessments (a minimum of NEBOSH Fire Certificate or equivalent).
- Previous experience of working in a multi-site role.
- Experience of developing and delivering H+S training to colleagues and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Experience of report writing and developing, reviewing and implementing health and safety related policies and procedures.
- Broad experience and knowledge of operational health and safety management issues, enforcement procedures and policies.
- Experience of managing accident reporting, including accident investigation, hazard identification and accident prevention.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the NHS and local government.
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment or similar.
- NEBOSH General Diploma Level 6 qualified (or equivalent).
- Obtained or be working towards Chartered membership of IOSH.
- Experience of training staff.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- in Glasgow, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948