- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 26 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
We bring inventive, trusted solutions to the complex challenges of maritime environments. Changes in global trade, sea level rise and stretched resources mean that ports, coastal industry and communities must constantly adapt. To meet the challenge of adaptation, we bring specialist understanding to the entire range and lifecycle of maritime structures, infrastructure and projects.
Whether guiding a client from concept to realisation or focusing on a tight brief, our maritime engineers are involved in master planning, due diligence and feasibility studies, inspections and assessments, consents, engineering design, project management, construction supervision and more.
What you’ll be doing
From your first day, you’ll join a team of bright professionals in our Maritime team in London where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Analysing and designing civil infrastructure and structures in the coastal environment
- Designing calculations
- Technical report writing
- Supervision of drawing production
- Site visits
- Participating in client and design team meetings
What we look for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Maritime sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Property & Construction
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1946
8 Fitzroy Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 8TX