You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Malmesbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
Our internships are different. Join us and you’ll be working at the forefront of technology, using your technical know-how to influence the evolution of Dyson connected machines. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson engineers have enabled our ideas to become reality and our interns can play a critical role.
Whether you join us for a 6-12 month placement or a 3 month summer internship, you’ll be assigned to a live project team putting your university learning into practice from the get go.
Depending on your discipline you could be working within our verification team to conduct rigorous robotic test systems, or within our software team to refine our robotic technologies across computer vision, machine learning and navigation.
Whichever team you join, a good understanding of how software and hardware work together at different levels in robotic systems is essential.
Whatever you’re doing the work will be challenging, varied and you’ll be in the thick of things; interacting with teams across Research, Design & Development (RDD) including product developers ensuring our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship. And if you excel, there could be an offer of a graduate position at the end.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. And it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to:
- Be on track for a 2:1 or above in a robotics engineering (or related) degree
- Experience with MatLab, C++, Python
- Have completed at least one year of university-level study
- Demonstrate practical application of your skills, for example via personal projects or society memberships/events
- Showcase a passion for Dyson and our Technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
- Have a creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Be able to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Who we are
We’re Dyson, a global technology enterprise. Since 1993 we’ve been finding new ways to solve real-world problems – from vacuum cleaners with revolutionary cyclone technology, to a hairdryer with intelligent heat control. Our global headquarters, home to our first RDD centre, is located in the Cotswolds where the Dyson stor
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- Malmesbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993
1, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury SN16 0RP, UK