You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Ashford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Payroll Services Assistant- Maternity Cover
Compile Payroll data by maintaining payroll records, in order to correctly pay employees. Support allocated business areas with regular tasks and ad-hoc requests. Ensure contractual and statutory obligations are adhered to.
The role provides support to Brakes UK (6,500 employees) and Fresh Direct UK (2,000 employees) businesses. Support is also provided to Brakes Northern Ireland business (200 employees) until migration to Pallas Foods. Employees are split between 2 PAYE schemes (monthly paid) with annual payroll value of £300m.
There is also a separate payroll running for ROI completed on a monthly basis.
Each member of the team has responsibility for approximately 1,500 colleagues.
- Payroll Services Assistants report to the Payroll Services Manager and work alongside HR Services Assistants, depot contact and HRP’s & HRBP’s.
- The department works to a monthly payroll deadline
- Timely completion of weekly tasks (absence and payments download; tax codes and student loans download; BACS advance run) to enable the Payroll Services team to process and run the full monthly payroll.
- Responsible for working closely with HR Business Partners, Shared Services & line managers in the business to build a robust working partnership.
- Run end to end monthly payroll (6,500 colleagues for Brakes, 1,800 colleagues for Fresh Direct) including Pension Auto-enrolment; BACS payments to employees and third parties; PCR; RTI submissions to HMRC; Finance posting and reports to internal functions and 3rd party benefits providers. Issuing P45’s to leavers.
- Processing ad-hoc BACS and CHAPS payments outside of the normal payroll run.
- Understanding the up to date legislative knowledge of PAYE, NIC and Tax Codes. Including manual calculations.
- Simulate pay changes and correct errors, dealing with wage breakdowns and queries.
- Update employee payroll records by recording: leavers pay (including settlement and compromise payments), P46, P45, AEO’s, DEA’s EWT’s, ad-hoc payments and absences.
- Key point of contact for allocated business areas: employees’ and managers’ queries and requests; maintaining SAP records.
- Support Year End processes including tax code uplifts, P11D’s, testing, issuing P60’s.
- Prepare and issue payslips, dealing with all queries relating to the Epay system. Including setting up new starters profiles.
- Providing payroll information to 3rd parties, including HMRC and solicitors.
Knowledge, skills, experience and competencies
- A good understanding of Payroll functions
- SAP system beneficial
- Strong computer literacy, advanced Excel user
- Experience of computerised payroll systems and a working knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Well organised and systematic approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- At least two years Payroll experience
- Worked with sensitive, confidential data
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels, i.e. internal/external customers
- Customer centric
- Calm and confident approach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Mature and sympathetic attitude
- Constantly looking to improve processes
- Ability to use own judgment in non-standard queries and requests
- Able to manage own workload and prioritise accordingly
- Can see beyond the obvious and feels comfortable questioning or challenging when necessary
Here at Brakes Group, we have a simple mission – to help businesses who serve food to thrive. And as we have been serving chefs across the food industry for nearly 60 years, with a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, it’s no surprise that we know what we’re doing.
And with a culture where everyone works together as one team to be the best we can be, with a real focus on our brilliant people, there is no doubt that we have the right ingredients to make your career a successful one. If you’re looking for development we can help you achieve your aspirations. We have clear career paths and learning programmes which will support you at every step of the way. We also have a whole range of Apprenticeships and a Graduate Programme so there really is something for you at every level of your career whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional. And being part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products; the opportunities really are endless.
If this isn’t enough, we offer a whole realm of fantastic benefits and incentives including
• Discounts on products and services
• Clear career pathways and development
• Excellent rewards and recognition schemes
• Pension plan
• Additional holiday purchase
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Brakes Group
Brakes is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK. With sister companies in Ireland, France and Sweden, it is owned by Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice business, headquartered in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. Brakes is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people wit
- Consumer goods, Agriculture
- Ashford, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in
Enterprise House, Nicholas Rd, Ashford, UK