You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,750.0 per year
RedR UK is seeking an enthusiastic and organised Project Officer.
The aim of this role is toenable the delivery of two projects - Ready to Respond II (R2RII) and support the Quality Assessment and Learning Centre (QALC). The Project Officer provides administrative and logistics support for a variety of project work and training courses that run regularly in the UK and overseas.
You will need some project support experience, be highly organised, be able to provide the needed administrative support to a high standard, be interested in humanitarian work and committed to the successful delivery of these projects.
The role is fixed term until the 21st December2018with the possibility of extension. It is 80-100% FTE (4-5 days per week) subject to funding andapplicantswill have a distinct advantage if they can commit to working full-time.
For the successful candidate RedR UK will be able to offer:
- A competitive salary
- 23 paid annual leave days per annum, rising by 1 day for each year of service completed.
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic disaster relief organisation that helps many disadvantaged people.
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Flexible working hours
To download a full job descriptionclick on the attachment.
- RedR UK Commitment- Commitment to RedR UK, its vision, principles, strategy, policies and processes
- Project Management- Experience of supporting small projects, budgeting, budget management and the writing of reports for donor agencies
- Learning and Development- Experience of supporting a learning programme and organising learning events and working with consultants
- Use of Technology- Experience with current software for project management, along with good Microsoft Office skills
- Relationships and Representation- Able to work with clients, and proven experience of identifying, contracting and managing consultants
- Team working- experience of working successfully within a team environment and of building relationships with others and working flexibly to achieve results
- Communication- Good interpersonal communication skills and self-awareness
- Work planning- Systematic and efficient work planning skills, including an ability to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks against multiple deadlines, track information and progress and pay attention to details
- Travel- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in the UK depending on needs and willing to travel internationally if needed, sometimes to insecure and difficult environments for periods up to 2 weeks, and to follow RedR UK security management procedures
- Qualification- ideally a graduate in a relevant field
- Financial- able to track income and expenditure, monitoring this against set budgets and run reports as needed on a regular basis
- Initiative- Initiative, enthusiasm and a problem-solving approach to new challenges, seeking support when needed
- Humanitarian Experience- Some understanding of the humanitarian sector e.g. general humanitarian practices and principles, programme management cycle, project implementation and coordination
- Languages- Some language skills other than English e.g. basic French, Spanish, Arabic
- Marketing and proof reading– experience of marketing courses and events, and proof reading learning and event materials
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the person specification.Applications close at 10amonFriday19th October2018. Interviews will be held on Tuesday the 23rdOctober 2018.
The successful candidate will be required to confirm that he/she has the right to live and work in the UK before the post can be taken up.
Please also note that due to limited resources, we will only be able to contact shortlisted applicants.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.