- Barrow-in-Furness, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 10 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,000.0 per year
Within the Operations, Manufacturing and Production you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing and construction teams to deliver to the best of their ability, helping to produce our cutting edge products in the most effective way, delivering to our customer at the highest quality, at the right time, within cost.
- Your enthusiasm will be put to good use, implementing the changes necessary to maintain the businesses reputation as a world class manufacturer.
- You will complete a number of individual placements of your choice within the manufacturing engineering team, which will give you a deep understanding of this essential discipline, projects could be:
- Implement process improvements alongside the shop floor teams through root cause analysis and other lean manufacturing techniques
- Developing facility layouts to maximise efficiency
- Working with technical authors to write workmanship standards, process instructions etc.
- Employing visual management
The Operations function is responsible for taking the designs, raw materials and plans and making our products a reality. When cost, safety and quality are all paramount, this can be quite a challenge.
Operations is one of the largest functions within BAE Systems and covers all aspects of manufacturing, construction and integration. As an Operations graduate you will be able to get involved at all levels of the business, from solving manufacturing problems on the shop floor, through to working on facility strategies or managing your own improvement projects. It is an exciting and diverse function, and so are the opportunities.
Apply your talent where it counts.
What you’ll need
To join us on the GDF you must have a minimum of a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a subject related to your chosen area of work. Please refer to each role profile for specific details of preferred degrees.
We’ll also look for you to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and have the flexibility and resilience to thrive at BAE Systems
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a generous salary with a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements, senior mentoring, and product and service discounts.
- Starting salary £28,000
- £2,000 welcome payment
- 20% optional salary advance
- Car lease and share schemes
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BAE Systems
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions .
Working with customers and partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability and national security solutions – helping to protect people and keep critical inf
- Engineering & industrial
- in Barrow-in-Furness, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1999