You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Doncaster, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 36,178.0 per year
Experienced Social Workers
£30,614 to £36,178
Great support, a place for social work to flourish.
Unfortunately across the country children requiring good quality social worker support is on the increase and Doncaster is no exception. The Trust is looking to recruit experienced social workers who share the vision, passion and enthusiasm as our current child protection teams who are dedicated to wanting to provide the very best support to children, young people and families
Is Doncaster for you?
- Do you want to work where excellent social worker practice is encouraged and supported?
- Do you want to work somewhere that is at the forefront of positive change in the children’s social care sector and is providing specialist support to help drive forward improvements for children and families?
- Do you expect to be respected by everyone you work with?
- If you answered YES to all 3 questions then Doncaster is the place where you could thrive as a social worker.
We’ve come a long way since the Trust was established in October 2014. We continue to invest in the development of our social workers and making sure they have the right support, and as a result we are now seeing more outstanding ratings in our internal audits than ever before.
Why Doncaster Children’s Services Trust?
There are a number of reasons, but here are 5 that we think sets us apart from the other organisations:
- We are part of the South Yorkshire Teaching Partnership – so your opportunity for development will not only be internally supported by our Team Managers, Advanced Practitioners & Practice Development Social Workers , but you will also have access to regional CPD too.
- We are one of the Department for Educations Practice Improvement Partners, so once you are established in the Trust you can be part of a team working with other authorities to improve their social work practice.
- Our teams are small, so you will get excellent supervision from our dedicated permanent team managers.
- We really try to cut down the bureaucracy. Being a Trust our sole focus is improving the lives of children, young people and families.
- We are flexible so we can ensure you get the right work life balance.
However we do need to ensure we can run our services and provide the tailored support to each young person
Our social work teams are based in locality teams across the borough of Doncaster and we are looking to recruit social workers who would be based in Thorne, Edlington and central area of Doncaster.
Doncaster itself is a place to be, with a number of new initiatives including the HS2 college, expansion of the industrial parks and regeneration work going on. It’s certainly not a place that is standing still. We have a relocation package, so if you are tempted to move to a location that is pretty central to the North Yorkshire Moors, the Derbyshire peaks and some fantastic coastline, we can potentially offer you some support with your move. Did you know London is only 1 hour 40 minutes away by train? And a return journey is from as little as £40!
It’s easy to apply.
There is no lengthy application form.
All we need to know is a little bit about you and our experienced recruitment team will do the rest.
You can find full details on our website via the button below - as well as more information about our work at the Trust.
To be in with a chance of joining us for our selection events for experienced social workers you will need to have contacted us by 31st October 2018.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Doncaster Children's Services Trust is an independent organisation launched in October 2014 to provide social care and support to children, young people and families in Doncaster.
We believe that every child and young person deserves the best start in life - and support when they need it to reach their full potential. <
- Health & Social Care
- Doncaster, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2015