You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 300.0 per week
An outstanding SEN TA is required on a temp to permanent basis at a SEN school in East London for September.
This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant and well-run SEN school in East London. You will be working 1-1 and in small groups with secondary students who have varying SEND and behavioural needs. Applicants who have a calm but firm and fair approach to behaviour management are strongly encouraged to apply. This role would suit someone who has worked in either a mainstream or SEN setting with Secondary-aged pupils, ideally at an inner-London school. Previous school-based experience is essential and candidates must be comfortable working with Key Stages 3 and 4 as the year group for this position has not been defined yet.
Students are supported by an experienced and talented team of specialist staff who work in close unison to ensure a tailored education for each student. Students participate in a wide range of lessons including science, Food, ICT, PE and various school trips to local attractions.
There are 8-10 students in each class and students have mixed and complex needs, therefore physical restraint training, ASDAN experience and other relevant SEN qualifications are ideal but not essential requirements. Applicants must be fully available to start in September on a full-time basis and hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate (registered on the Update Service).
Who are we?
Here at Opogo, our mission is to transform the lives of those in education by making your working life simpler, more manageable, less stressful, and more enjoyable with fabulous perks along the way. You will benefit from:
- The Opogo Social Hub is a real and virtual place packed with trending and engaging content. It is run and driven by industry experts.
- Our Smart Match Technology effortlessly finds the positions that match your skills, experience and location.
- Access to the Opogo App now on Android and iOS to get Journey Planners, School packs, school facial recognition sign in, plus many more really useful features
- Enjoy a free Umbrella Service, plus thousands of daily rewards through PerkBox: free coffees, discounted gym memberships, cinema tickets, discounted grocery & clothes shopping, discounted fun day experiences with friends and family and so much more.
- A fantastic Ambassador Programme where you refer a teacher and make up to £300 + an Amazon Voucher! in 1 term just by recommending someone you know.
- Access to free development workshops and fun socials.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, have QTS and teaching references for the past two years. To apply for this position, please submit your CV via the button below. Thames Teachers will run an initial registration interview to be followed by either an interview, lesson observation or trial day at the school’s discretion if you are looking for long-term or permanent assignments. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
For more information about existing opportunities, please contact one of our dedicated Community Managers on 0330 0586 700
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Opogo is a community platform designed to help schools attract and retain the talent that’s right for them. Our social hub is packed with rich content from our community experts. And through our ever-evolving Smart Match technology, teachers can be booked for work simply and quickly.
Opogo helps yo
- Technology & IT, Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2017