You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 8aHCPC Registered Psychologist for three months, to start on 3rd December to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday 09:00 – 17:00.
Key Results AreasClinical
- To provide specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the team based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex psychological data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, and if appropriate others involved in the client’s care.
- To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a client’s mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the client’s problems, and employing methods of proven efficacy.
- To be responsible for implementing a range of psychological interventions employed individually and in synthesis for individuals and groups, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses.
- To evaluate and make decisions about treatment options taking into account both theoretical and therapeutic models and highly complex factors concerning historical and developmental processes that have shaped the individual or group.
- To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the assessment, treatment and discharge of clients.
- To provide specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to clients’ formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- To ensure that all members of the treating team have access to a psychologically based framework for understanding and care of clients of the service, through the provision of advice and consultation and the dissemination of psychological research and theory.
- To undertake risk assessment and risk management for individual clients and to provide general advice to other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment and management.
- To communicate in a skilled and sensitive manner, information concerning the assessment, formulation and treatment plans of clients under their care and to monitor and evaluate progress during the course of both uni- and multi-disciplinary care.
- To provide expertise, advice and support to facilitate the effective and appropriate provision of psychological care by all members of the treatment team.
- HCPC Registered Band 8a Clinical Psychologist
- Right to Work in the UK
- Previous experience as a Ba d 8 Clinical Psychologist essential
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills.
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
- Free annual mandatory training
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
105 Victoria St, Westminster, London SW1E 6AD