You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Lydia is one of Europe’s fastest-growing fintech start-ups. Our mission is to make payments as simple as possible. How? By providing one app to pay for everything in all situations - from paying back a friend for last night’s pizza to buying lunch at a food market.
We launched Lydia in Paris in 2013, and we are now the number one mobile payments service in France. We have over one million users across France, the UK, Ireland, Spain, and Portugal, and more than 2,500 people create an account every day.
We've raised over €23 million from some of Europe's leading investors, have featured in global publications like Forbes and Wired, and have been selected as one of KPMG's Global Fintech 100.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated talent to join our mission to become Europe’s universal means of payment.
As the UK and Ireland Country Manager, you will be responsible for leading Lydia’s growth and expansion into the UK and Irish markets. You will work closely with the Lydia senior management team - especially the CEO, and will manage a team of business developers and a marketing executive. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to grow this team further as our business takes off in this new market. Your tasks will include all aspects of scaling Lydia in the UK and Ireland and managing our local activity, from continual market analysis to competitor intelligence, from sales to operations, from team management to customer support. This is a unique role that requires rigour, creativity, analytics, intellectual curiosity, hustle - and an entrepreneurial streak.
Sounds like you? If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
- Grow user base in the UK and Ireland across our products (for individuals and professionals)
- Manage team of business developers and marketing executive to increase our commercial partnerships and brand visibility in the UK and Irish markets, specifically targeting the student sector
- Identify business development and partnership opportunities with partners
- Manage full-cycle sales process from lead generation to conversion to account management
- Manage local marketing, PR, and social media initiatives
- Manage product adaptation, and coordinate with product/ tech team to communicate and deliver process/ product needs
- Conduct regular data-based reporting to senior management team
What you'll bring
- A strong degree from a top university
- At least three years of experience in a startup or corporate environment - preferably in a business development or growth role
- Excellent knowledge of the UK student market
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate team, but also a team player
- Ability to make data-driven decisions with sound business judgement
- Extremely well-organised, detail-oriented, rigorous
- Creative problem-solving using an analytical mindset and intellectual curiosity
- Proactive self-starter that can take initiative and seizes any challenge, no matter how big or small
- Ability to multitask, adapt to varying challenges, and to work under pressure
- Commitment to our core mission and the drive to help achieve it
- The desire to learn outside of a classroom and your comfort zone
- Excellent communication skills
- Native or fluent in English (spoken and written) - though if you could tell us what you did le weekend dernier that would be the icing on the cake
What we will provide
- Exposure to the core workings at a fast growing start-up, and the chance to shape the strategic direction of the company from the ground up
- The rare opportunity to transform the world around you, breaking decades-old payments habits, and truly introducing change
- The opportunity to make a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution in the UK and Irish markets
- Solid training at our office in Paris, and possibility of regular travel to our offices
- Sharp, motivated colleagues with a strong sense of team spirit
- The freedom needed to experiment, make mistakes, analyse, learn, and then to experiment some more
- Flexible working environment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.