- Staines, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 02 Jul, 2019
- Posted on 17 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 01 Jul, 2019
VMware believes that students of today are tomorrow’s pioneers. We value the possibility to benefit from your fresh ideas. Are you a person who thrives in an open, innovative and creative culture? If the answer is positive, then VMware could be the place for you! You will face a wide range of software platform technologies that customers from all over the world utilize and get the chance to meet people from diverse backgrounds.
The Partners and Business Development Intern will join a team focused on driving the growth of a successful sales organisation. The Distribution and Solution Providers segment operates in every country in Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA). As a part of the Distribution team, your prime focus will be supporting the Regional Distribution Leads in various activities: projects, meetings and work streams. This role will contribute to the team’s business objective by project managing initiatives across EMEA.
The intern should prepare to work in a dynamic environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of the VMware Distribution/Channel business.
The primary outcomes that are goals for this role to impact are:
- Business development for several projects and work streams.
- Involved in planning, creation and execution of valuable tools for our Partner Business Manager (PBM) and Distribution Account Manager (DAM) communities. These tools will help provide account managers with both high-level and in-depth analyses of their business
- Data preparation and analysis for Quarterly Business Review (QBR’s) for our Distributors and engaging with different operations teams in EMEA
- Creation and execution of different programs across EMEA, supporting the Distribution Account Managers
- Production of in-depth analysis of data, providing reports for different programs and initiatives
- VM World preparation and execution for Executive meetings and Distribution Events
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of program/marketing/enablement materials
A Partners and Business Development Intern at VMware will:
- Work closely with Distribution Account Managers and Partner Business Managers across EMEA to drive project roll out and support them in different Distribution Initiatives
- Use Salesforce and SAP platforms to help the team carry out pipeline management
- Create Dashboards and Reports in Salesforce to help drive better analytics in the team
The future intern will be exposed to the EMEA Distribution and Solution Providers go-to-market strategy execution, pipeline management, and relationships including internal interfaces, channel partners and distributors.
The intern will receive significant guidance, feedback, and mentoring from the team to help improve their sales skills and eye for business in a technology environment. Also, they will have the opportunity to independently develop solutions to assignments, suggest ideas and improve their networking and analytical skills.
- Undergraduate from a recognized university
- Motivated and organized person who is a self-starter and can multi-task
- Basic understanding of information technology and its use in business
- Excellent verbal, written and social skills, with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Familiarity with business-to-business marketing concepts would be an advantage
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Power Point, Word
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building excellent experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defence-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Technology & IT
- Staines, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1998