You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Blackpool, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Type: Full Time. Permanent
The Aerospace Company’s Blackpool site has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager. The position is full-time permanent, and is located out of the company facility in Blackpool. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading Manufacturing Engineering team at Blackpool. The site specializes in manufacturing of aero structure components and is supplying major OEM’s around the world.
They offer excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
* Determining resource and budgets for the office engineering programmes
* Responsible for all Engineering & NC activities
* Responsible for configuration control department
* Carries out appraisals ensuring all staff have meaningful objectives and all permanent engineering staff have personal development plans which are reviewed regularly
* Present monthly Engineering KPl's to the Business Review
* Responsible for evaluation of engineering requirements of new projects including defining new machine/equipment specifications.
* Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
* Managing the development of technical strategies, documents1 contracts, processes and specifications to ensure quality, consistency and efficiency in all technical engineering activities.
* Oversee and ensure compliance to all ISO standards and customer specifications
* Capture best practices and deploy into departmental standard practices
* Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
* Support customer meetings and provide technical input as required
* Generate team performance KPl's and report regularly to engineering management
* Working closely with all other departments to ensure that key company performance parameters can be monitored and assessed on a regular basis
* Carry out additional duties as may be occasionally required by the Division Manager/Engineering Director
* Time served Engineering Apprenticeship
* Manufacturing experience
* Former experience in Precision Engineering
* Technical competence in CAD/CAM programming in a precision machining environment
* Can display people management and leadership capabilities.
* Knowledge of Multi-discipline Engineering fundamentals
* Knowledge of multi-discipline engineering practices, processes and procedures
* Microsoft Office Packages
* SAP, MRP/ERP
* Degree qualified in a related discipline
* Aerospace Experience
* Experience of working within a global / corporate operating system.
* Minimum 15 years related work experience
* Knowledge of aircraft parts, specifications and standards
* Microsoft Project
* Project management
* Professional – comfortable on the shop floor or in the board room
* Business minded, articulate, excellent planner
* Can communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to all demographics within the business.
* Commercially aware, understands the wider organisation, function and structure.
* Process drive
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. They have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of their business, so they invest in their employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Engineer, Engineering Manager, Aerospace Engineering Manager, Engineering Coordinator, Senior Engineer, Engineering Coordinator, Engineering Consultant, Senior Engineering Advisor, Mechanical Engineering Manager, Electrical Engineering Manager, Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Manager, HND, Maintenance Engineering Manager, Engineering Project Manager may also be considered for this role.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Bluetownonline Ltd
With unprecedented access to the online recruitment market, Bluetownonline allows your organisation to secure the best candidates for less saving time, money and stress.
We pass the value onto you, as well as offering strategic advantages on a range of services including the placement of international candidates in 100 countries across
- Technology & IT, Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010