You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
Communities around the globe are challenged to find effective ways to manage water throughout the water cycle restoring the water we use to continue sustaining the natural environment. At AECOM, our Water specialists work together worldwide to find innovative solutions to the management of water. We provide technical expertise and solutions for projects across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, in areas such as:
- Flood Management
- Integrated Catchment Management
- Hydraulic Modelling (Clean and Foul)
- Sustainable Drainage
- Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Mains Infrastructure Design (Clean and Foul)
- Non-Infrastructure Design (Pumping Stations, Storage Tanks)
- Dam and Reservoir design
Our projects include the multi-disciplinary Bathing Waters improvements in Torbay for South West Water where AECOM are the lead designer for 5 schemes to improve sewer overflow performance and bathing water quality at local beaches; the Jeddah Stormwater Drainage Programme where AECOM has delivered fast-tracked solutions including 10 flood-protection dams and 170km of channels and conduits to protect the city’s 3.5 million residents; Chester Zoo, where using 360 ingenuity, AECOM designed unique drainage strategies complementing the attraction’s natural aesthetics, including a bespoke Orang-utan proof filter trench and reed beds that treat runoff from the Banteng enclosure.
Working on a wide variety of projects with a variety of clients ensures real opportunities for personal growth and career progression as our graduates develop professionally within a positive culture where learning and development is actively supported and promoted.
- You will work in areas such as Flood Management, Integrated Catchment Management, Hydraulic Modelling, Hydrology, Sustainable Drainage, Water Sensitive Urban Design, Dam design, Hydro-power
- Working with other team members to undertake technical work, site work, and project management
- Opportunities for working on site and site visits, to develop wider understanding of how designs are implemented
Graduate Water Consultant
- Working with other team members to undertake technical work such as hydraulic modelling, catchment management, and flood risk analysis.
- Opportunities for working on site and site visits, to develop wider understanding of how designs are implemented.
- BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering, or MSc in Hydraulics or Hydrology would be an advantage
- Geography degree or MSc in Fluvial Geomorphology, Catchment Management/Processes, Water Resources, Hydrology, with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent)
- Water related modules would be an advantage
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- Willing and able to work towards professional qualifications such as ICE & CIWEM
- Demonstrable interest in water projects
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 800 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-perf
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1990
2 Leman St, London, UK