- Hatfield, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
The Ocado Story
However, whilst we are best known for our UK grocery delivery service, that's just the bit people see above the surface. Our beating heart is a vast, unique fulfilment and logistics machine powered by research and technology.
Ocado is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer, and a completely independent business, listed on the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange in 2018. Every day our brilliant teams devise innovative solutions that help us to give our customers exactly what they ordered – and more. We win countless consumer awards for our incredible, customer-centric business.
We have built, and are now refining, the world’s most advanced end-to-end online shopping and delivery solution. Not only will this advanced solution power our own online business, it will also power other businesses around the world. We completed our first commercial deal – with UK grocery retailer Morrisons – in 2013. We are constantly striving to achieve bigger things, now we deal internationally and are globally recognised due to our deal with Kroger in 2018. We hope you can be part of this new world of opportunity.
Across retail, where and how people shop is changing. Online is recognised as the fastest growing channel in grocery, and people expect us to be at the forefront of this revolution. We certainly are.
We are looking for graduates to join our fast-growing, dynamic and innovative company. We require graduates bursting with energy, drive and initiative who are striving to make a difference. We will empower you from day 1, and give you the autonomy and responsibility you need to solve problems for yourself. We are looking for graduates that can keep up with us and are ready to help shape the future of Ocado. You’ll be given genuine development opportunities and continued support, giving you the building blocks for a successful career here at Ocado. As a result, our graduates feel empowered...along with the other 13,000 employees in our bold and brilliant business.
The programme is designed to support you in becoming a Finance leader of tomorrow. This 3 year programme will involve a series of one year placements across a variety of Finance areas including: Retail, Operations, Central, Technology and Group Finance. You will have the opportunity to gain essential skills in key accounting techniques, information reporting, budgeting/forecasting and ad hoc analysis. These skills will allow you to aid business decisions, work on business specific projects and spend time learning about the intricacies of our unique business model.
- Varied work and responsibilities, it is not all about numbers and requires a creative approach.
- Get to work with people in all areas of our business.
- Gain good insight and understanding of all areas of our business.
- Involvement in supporting the entire business in key decision making.
- Opportunities to build some essential analytical, commercial and communication skills.
Learning & Development
We will fund and support your accredited CIMA studies as part of this graduate scheme to ensure you gain the tools you need to accelerate your career. You will have a mentor to support, what we hope will be, a long career at Ocado. For some this may be guidance towards Finance Director or for others support in moving to another area of the business. In addition, there will also be an array of learning & development opportunities available to all graduates here at Ocado from negotiation training courses to presentation skill workshops.
- Salary increases based on passing ACCA/CIMA stages with the opportunity to earn up to £37k at the end of your exams.
- Ocado pension scheme with company contributions of up to 7%.
- Private medical insurance.
- Free Ocado shares awarded each year.
- Optional share schemes.
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with three years' service.
- Additional holiday purchase scheme.
- Life Assurance of up to three times your annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Income Protection.
- 15% off your shopping at Ocado.com.
- Staff discount on the Ocado destination sites Fetch, Fabled and Sizzle.
- Discounts at Cineworld, Buyagift, Prezzo, Chimichanga, Vodafone and many more!
- You do not need to have any finance experience, just a flair for working with numbers.
- Be expecting, a 2:1 degree or above in any STEM discipline.
- Ability to build effective working relations with a variety of people and different levels.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and adept at planning and organising yourself within tight deadlines.
- Highly inquisitive and confident at putting ideas forward.
- Analytical with an eye for detail.
- Ability to present work in an interesting and clear way.
- Solve problems and approach tasks creatively.
- Share our sense of adventure.
Right to Work
You must have the right to work in the UK for the full duration of the programme (36 months), be flexible to travel whilst on a placement and be fluent in English.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Ocado is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer, and a completely independent business, listed on the FTSE 250 index of the London Stock Exchange in 2010. Every day our brilliant teams devise innovative solutions that help us to give our customers exactly what they ordered – and more. We win countless consumer awards for our in
- Hatfield, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2002