You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,155.0 per year
Would you like support to build an interesting and varied career at the forefront of vehicle technology, working with some of the biggest names in the automotive industry? This is your opportunity to develop specialist skills and knowledge, and advance your career with the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA).
Our Type Approval Engineers play an integral role supporting vehicle manufacturers to bring their product to market. As a Trainee specialising in powertrain certification, you’ll be at the cutting edge of emissions testing. You can expect to:
• Complete a comprehensive training programme in emissions regulations and test procedures
• Start by shadowing experienced engineers conducting powertrain related tests, before becoming more independent as you build up knowledge and experience
• Gain exposure to the latest technology, as the industry shifts towards low emissions vehicles such as hybrid and electric cars
• By testing, reporting and drafting approvals, play an active role in making sure environmental standards are maintained and air quality improved
• Carry out various aspects of emissions testing on the test track, in the wind tunnel, and in manufacturers’ own facilities across the UK and the wider world
• Enjoy support to develop into more senior roles, and to work towards gaining Chartered or Incorporated Engineer Status with the IMechE
We are the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval Authority, with over 30 years experience supporting industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
We offer career advancement opportunities for every level of capability, as well as flexible working patterns, paid overtime and allowances. As we operate globally, you could find yourself progressing to an overseas posting in one of our offices in Europe, U.S.A, Japan, China, South Korea, Malaysia, India or Australia.
To join us you’ll need a keen interest in the automotive industry and the latest technologies. No experience is necessary but we do expect you to have a relevant engineering degree, plus a valid UK drivers licence. With communication skills as strong as your flair for working with numbers, you’re a highly organised yet adaptable individual, and a real team player.
Click the below apply button to apply to this position!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
VCA is the designated UK Vehicle Type Approval authority and with more than 30 years experience supports industry by providing internationally recognised testing and certification for vehicles, their systems and components.
- Logistics & Transport
- Bristol, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 1970