You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Ashford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Enterprise House, Ashford
A vacancy has arisen for a Finance Analyst to support the Product Supply team in Enterprise House, Ashford. This role will also encompass some elements of Supply Chain (Operations), which may take the form of ad-hoc projects and / or supporting an operating unit.
The position requires a self-motivated, hands-on individual who is able to make a difference in a challenging environment. The role may also require travel to other locations.
Candidates must be able to work autonomously and demonstrate a track record of success in developing informative output and challenging insight to drive business performance.
To provide an appropriate balance of challenge and support to the Product Supply / Customer Supply Senior Management team, to enable them to achieve the business objective of sustainable profitable growth, with key focus on product waste, consolidation income streams and working capital (stock).
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Development, implementation and ownership of stock reporting, budgeting and the reporting of stock days, develop stock reporting by depot
- Highlighting any areas of concern, to enable more effective management of working capital
- Production and review of robust Budgets and Forecasts with Supply Chain Planning team
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Supply Chain performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of income streams, product waste and staff costs
- Close liaison with Product Supply Director and senior management to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and queries as required by the Head of Financeand other senior management
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Qualified with a recognised professional Finance qualification
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP and BW / MIS would be advantageous
- Experience in a similar Supply Chain environment would be useful
- Conceptual Thinking - the ability to see the “big picture”; to recognise cause-and-effect; to spot trends and patterns
- Analytical Thinking - applying logical, methodical approaches to problem solving; having an attention to detail
- Managing Results - being results-focused; recognising the need to sometimes make compromises; having the ability to manage change
- Impact & Influence - the ability to communicate clearly in either written or verbal form; persuading others of your point of view; having a personal authority that instils confidence without demonstrating arrogance
- Flexibility - being able to cope with changing demands, amending priorities appropriately
- Self Confidence - the ability to recover from setbacks; having the confidence to admit to mistakes
- Us: Here at Brakes Group, we have a simple mission – to help businesses who serve food to thrive. And as we have been serving chefs across the food industry for nearly 60 years, with a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, it’s no surprise that we know what we’re doing. And with a culture where everyone works together as one team to be the best we can be, with a real focus on our brilliant people, there is no doubt that we have the right ingredients to make your career a successful one. If you’re looking for development we can help you achieve your aspirations. We have clear career paths and learning programmes which will support you at every step of the way. We also have a whole range of Apprenticeships and a Graduate Programme so there really is something for you at every level of your career whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional. And being part of Sysco – the Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products; the opportunities really are endless. If this isn’t enough, we offer a whole realm of fantastic benefits and incentives including • Discounts on products and services • Clear career pathways and development • Excellent rewards and recognition schemes • Pension plan • Additional holiday purchase Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check. FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Team-working - the ability to work constructively and effectively in cross-functional teams
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Brakes Group
Brakes is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK. With sister companies in Ireland, France and Sweden, it is owned by Sysco, the world’s leading foodservice business, headquartered in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. Brakes is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people wit
- Consumer goods, Agriculture
- in Ashford, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in
Enterprise House, Nicholas Rd, Ashford, UK