- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 14 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are looking for a Software Test Analyst Team Leader to join our Application Support team here at Transact. Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. First established in 2000 we have over 159,000 client investment portfolios (31st March 2018) and £31.8 billion of funds under direction (30th June 2018). Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to bring assets and investments together in a smarter, more tax efficient way.
The Application Support department is responsible for supporting, maintaining and improving our business related internal systems. This includes specifying and testing new developments/changes to the systems. The department liaises with our software development team in Melbourne, Australia.
The Software Test Analyst Team Leader will be managing the day to day performance of a team of 3 Software Test Analysts.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Managing and developing direct reports (3 dedicated test resources)
- Co-ordinating the required business resource for test execution
- Mitigating risk through adequate testing
- Being the primary point of contact for the Test team in all manner of test activities
- Developing and maintaining all appropriate test artefacts
- Maintaining industry knowledge of evolving test methods and update our processes/strategy where applicable
- Managing automation testing (Test Complete)
- Progress reporting to stakeholders
- Developing mechanisms to promote effective and efficient issue resolution and reporting of testing issues
- Liaising with software developers and other members of Application Support to ensure software issues are properly tested and resolved
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting our live support team and wider application support units
- Interpreting specifications to produce test scripts and associated documentation for effective test execution, particularly end to end
You must have a proven track record as a Software Test Team Leader having carried out 121’s of your team, with a minimum of 2 years management experience. We are looking for an individual with good experience in test automation and strong manual test preparation skills. Ideally you will be experienced in all aspects of release management (from change request creation, testing and defect management), with a good understanding of test fundamentals and approaches, and applying them to testing data-rich financial based systems.
You will need solid experience in a variety of test-related roles and technologies including experience of automated testing, preferably SmartBear (Test Complete), with a proven track-record for producing strong coverage, sufficient test cases. A solid understanding of test methodologies and practices is essential. Substantial knowledge of software testing and the SDLC, and test’s place within that would be beneficial. You must have had a proven track record of diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving defects.
Ideally you will have hands on JIRA experience and must have worked in financial services with an excellent understanding of investment and financial products in the UK. The successful candidate will be expected to perform side-by-side reviews of our business departments to then apply their test skills to the business practices and processes to design effective test cases and robust regression packs.
You must have experience of working within a change management team alongside Business Analyst’s and Developers, having performed all common tasks associated to the test lifecycle, with a proven capability to cope with high pressure environments, hard deadlines, agile builds and short-term changes mid-release. Proven strong attention to detail and analytical skills are a necessity. The candidate will preferably have ISEB Foundation level of software testing (or equivalent) and ideally be educated to degree level.
We provide a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensure that all of our staff respect and understand individual differences. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Transact is the leading independent investment wrap platform in the UK. First established in 2000 we have over 159,000 client investment portfolios (31st March 2018) and £31.8 billion of funds under direction (30th June 2018).
Our service includes an online platform, owned and built by us, and dedicated regional adviser support to bring
- Technology & IT, Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2000