- Gloucester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 14 Sep, 2019
- Posted on 11 Dec, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Specific Job Description
Candidates will be involved in the design and implementation of scalable and performance-oriented operational systems in a DevOps environment. They will also maintain best practice and ensure that the system meets the requirements. They will perform a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with requirements analysis
- Software design
- Software testing
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
Successful candidates will be expected to work under supervision and apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge software solutions for both customer and Lockheed Martin enterprises. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development lifecycle. Training can be provided to support learning and career development and mentors will be available in their field. Work location is based around the Gloucester/Cheltenham area.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C++ or C#.
- GUI design and development.
- Strong understanding of OO concepts.
- Knowledge of software development tools and processes.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Experience of Agile development and the Scrum methodology.
- Proven ability to learn quickly.
- An interest in technology and keeping abreast of new developments.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Lockheed Martin
Lockheed Martin UK is the UK-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 98,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
- Engineering & industrial
- Bedford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1912