You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
At American Express, the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Whether it’s for our Card Members , Small Businesses, Merchants or Large Corporations – our teams work hard every day to support our customers and help build their success. As part of this dynamic organisation, you’ll play a vital part in shaping our marketing strategies or driving our sales and pipeline management. And have fun doing it too! So, if you’re someone that loves working with others, thrives on a challenge and has a flair for Marketing or Business Development - consider spending your summer here at American Express.
Marketing at American Express
For us, Marketing is all about thinking outside the box. It’s capturing, conceptualising and selling those innovative ideas that will make our customers’ lives easier. As part of our Marketing Internship, you’ll have the opportunity to expand our already diverse Amex network, strengthen our presence in the digital marketplace & shape real life marketing strategies. At the same time, you could be engaging with top creative agencies or some of our most exciting product portfolios and trying to bring them to life with your own ideas. All of this will be done using market and consumer data from previous campaigns. So, if you’re someone who can use data effectively and come up with winning strategies, then this internship could be for you.
Business Development at American Express
Business Development is essential for ensuring our organisation can grow. This comes from acquiring new customers whilst also expanding our existing base. The BD team are responsible for identifying and selling innovative ideas that make our customers’ lives easier and also meet their needs – both today and in the future. As a company that has a passion for service and the ability to adapt with the changing times, the BD team are critical to our continued success.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme provides high-performing students with exciting projects aligned to the company’s strategic, operational or financial goals. Interns will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project, learn about our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2019 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
* Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
* Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
* Regular Speaker Series with senior management
* Social and networking events
* Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing and Business Development at American Express?
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
* Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
* Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
* Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external partners
* Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
* Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
* Share and leverage sales or marketing best practices and provide marketing consultancy to team
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
· Strong customer focus
· Project management skills
· Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Ability to word independently as well as part of a team
· Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
· Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
· Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree discipline) in your penultimate year of study
· A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on email@example.com
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline – 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 11:59:29 AM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- Brighton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850