- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
There more than 100 members in our Economic Consulting Practice, providing services to the Energy sector. These include: Corporate finance, M&A, Strategy, Business turnaround and Business Intelligence. In the past 12 months we have continued to grow the Clean Energy offering and exposure focusing on Wind, Solar, Storage, Aggregation, Hydro, Biomass and emerging technologies that support the renewable value chain. Experience with clean energy technologies, markets and stakeholders across the value chain is desirable.
About the Role:
- The role will be directly reporting to the Head and senior management of the FTI Clean Energy practise. Responsibilities include:
- Management Consulting & Strategic Thinking – execution of project mandates
- Corporate Finance / M&A - sale mandate, capital raising and due diligence
- Financial Analysis / Financial modelling
- Energy policy development and impact assessment
- Qualitative and quantitative research to analyse companies, industries, and macroeconomic and sector trends
- Research and analyse companies, trends, and industries
- Economic analysis, networking modelling and pricing analysis
- Research writing & production
- Policy Research
Education and Qualifications
- Strong academics – 2:1 or above from a top university, strong A level results (desirable MBA / LLB / MA / MSc)
- Additional qualifications – even if only started: CFA or ACA /ACCA etc. (preferred)
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in Investment Banking / Corporate Finance / Venture Capital / Private Equity / Accounting firm / Strategy &/or Management Consultancy / Renewable Energy Advisory / Think Tank / Civil Service / Other Similar
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Interest in the energy sector and renewable energy in particular (ideally experience through work experience or education)
- Ability to interface with team members and clients in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills – relating to pitch books, articles and presentations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail with a logical, practical and commercial approach
- Highly organised and proactive individual with corporate experience
- Strategy, Consulting, or Transaction & M&A experience
- Financial modelling experience
- Knowledge and experience of VBA, ideally within a modelling context
- Familiar with data sources and tools such as Companies House, Bloomberg, the Markets/Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm that provides strategic advice to clients worldwide. The varied expertise of our employees makes our company a thought leader across a wide range of industries, providing us with the ability to offer expert advice and support to our clients in any situation. FTI has acted on behalf of companie
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1982