You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Eximius are working with a Tier One Investment Bank to find a Structured Derivatives Trade Review Senior Associate.
The role entails;
– perform deal reviews and understand deal documentation, features of trades, including complex life cycle and summarise these items in a trade review, trade booking model and lifecycle event capture systems
– review and analyse transactions pre-execution, fully understand booking models and front to back flows for any new transaction
– manage lifecycle management processes and ensure that all life cycle events of complex transactions are captured and monitored
– determine and ensure that ongoing roles and responsibilities for the complex transactions are well known and understood
– Act as the focal point for all operational risk issues for multiple trading desks across multiple asset classes. Liaise with other Ops teams to ensure smooth transaction management. This includes, but is not limited to Securities and OTC Settlements, Asset Services, Collateral Ops, Finance, Credit and Market Risk.
– investigate and respond to trading, risk, P&L, settlements, confirmations, structuring, legal and IT queries
You’ll be working in the Complex Transaction Management team in London. We are a collaborative team of Subject Matter Experts with a deep understanding of the mechanisms of transactions and how they are managed and controlled. We are keen to build your knowledge and skills set to an expert level and train you to have a full Front-to-Back understanding of multiple booking models, numerous products types and a comprehensive working knowledge of complex lifecycle management activities.
The team has the ability to analyse any potential new transaction and / or product and is able to determine how best to book and control the product not just from a Middle Office perspective, but also to help the other control functions see the risk they are expecting or the correct workflow following any lifecycle events.
The team is one of the key points of contact for structured product queries from the Business as well as other control functions such as product control, credit and market risk
– A clear communication style and an ability to work with people at all levels of the organisation
– Ability to partner and collaborate across functions to deliver strategic projects and change.
– An enthusiasm to learn about complex transactions and how they fit into the respective workflows and controls.
– Basic product knowledge across Fixed income, Rates and Credit Products and Special Purpose Vehicles.
– Analysis skills and an excellent eye for detail.
– An interest in learning the entire front to back flows of any new transaction and reviewing transactions pre-execution.
–A risk assessment and management mind-set, fostering a zero tolerance policy for poor integrity and risk taking
– A working knowledge of excel and VBA would be a distinct advantage
- A recent graduate or someone with experience in operations.
- A proactive, team player who is also able to work well independently and on their own initiative.
- A quick learner who is keen to learn the front to back controls in an Investment Bank.
- A good partner, collaborating across functions to deliver strategic projects and change.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and strong work ethic.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Eximius Group
Eximius Group helps business in the financial services, legal, technology, business support and energy sectors attract the best talent.
Eximius Finance: We founded Eximius in 2008 with our financial services specialism focusing on investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers and custodians. Today we have teams servicing the disciplines
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services, Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2008