You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 20 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What you can expect
Our full-time training program is widely recognized as the best in the business. Our London based graduates start in June or August when you'll attend the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) training and exams in London. We then fly you to New York to complete our global training programme. You'll return to Europe in August or October to join your assigned team and begin work as an Investment Banking Analyst.
During the six week training, you will learn about our clients, products, services and business practices. Our own professionals and world-class consultants use a variety of interactive learning tools, including case studies, presentations and hands-on modelling sessions. In addition, you’ll be learning along with new colleagues from around the world.
Your training doesn't stop once you return from New York. We view continuous professional development as a key part of our culture and our commitment to you as an employee.
As an Investment Banking Analyst your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing financial valuation, discounted cash flow and multiples-based analyses
- Building and using financial models
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in deal pitches
- Conducting industry and product research
- Executing end-to-end client transactions
What you need to bring
The job requires adaptability and a high level of energy, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive under pressure. You should also enjoy working in a collaborative environment. Academic excellence is a must, you must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication). There’s no set degree for Investment Bankers, but a demonstrated interest in finance and economics is advantageous.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and beneficial for others
- The confidence and initiative to take on early responsibility and manage your own projects
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests, and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity, and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous to others.
Additional application instructions
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Over the last 200 years, J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees works hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day. J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations, and Human Resources. J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity, and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clien
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1799
25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP