You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
Railway engineering is one of the most important ways that AECOM delivers a better world – we work on huge, complex and challenging railway infrastructure projects that increase urban and inter-city mobility for millions of people. AECOM is a global innovator in high speed transportation. Recent projects include work on Crossrail, Elon Musk’s Hyperloop in the US, Borders Railway and Aberdeen to Inverness in Scotland, Northern Hub in Manchester and we’re delivering key components of High Speed 2 in the UK. We are a market leading provider of Railway Engineering Services nationally
We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to some of the biggest challenges in transportation infrastructure.
Selected candidates will be enrolled on our Graduate Development Programme and have the opportunity to develop their skills within a supporting environment which encourages challenge and collaborative behaviours. Candidates will use industry leading computer software and BIM modeling programs while working on a variety of different Rail specific expertise including:
- Integrating engineering designs from other complex railway skill areas such as signalling, electrification and permanent way
- Planning the phasing of construction and commissioning work to minimise disruption to passengers and the public
- Ensuring that designs maximise sustainability outcomes during construction and over whole life of assets
- Developing designs that are safe to build, operate and maintain, and that protect the safety of passengers and the public
- Producing concept and outline design proposals that solve client challenges in the maintenance, renewal and enhancement of railways
- Working on structural inspection, assessment and design of bridges and other railway structures
- Analysis and calculation for new civil and structural components
- Design of railway stations and working on projects that improve or create new urban realm, station buildings, platforms, footbridges and concourses.
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent) 2
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Modules in Rail would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-perf
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1990