You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Colchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 28,090.0 per year
We have an exciting opportunity in our Colchester clinic for a registered nurse who wants to make a difference in our patient’s lives.
The Dialysis Clinic operates as a partnership agreement with Colchester University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The facility itself in Colchester is part of the Primary Care Centre, all on one level and in walking distance from Colchester University Hospital. The part of the building used for dialysis was modified and fitted to facilitate chronic dialysis treatment. This is a 20 station unit with a capacity to dialyze 120 patients. The unit operates Monday to Saturday, opening hours 06.30am-23.30pm. Access to the facility is by established routes, with a bus stop at the entrance to the PCC area and Colchester train station nearby. Staff are expected to cover shifts at Colchester Hospital, Renal Unit as part of the rota.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
- Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
- Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
- Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
- Discuss health concerns with patient; review any concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
- Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in line with Diaverum processes
- Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
- Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
- Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
- NMC Registered General Nurse
- Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
- Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
- 1 year+ experience in general nursing / Applications from newly qualified Nurses are also welcomed
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
- Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
- Competitive Salary , Unsocial Payments*, Location Allowance*
- 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
- Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
- Relocation allowance *
- Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
- where applicable/dependent on clinic
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948