- Luton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate programme.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented individuals who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
The 6 month – 1 year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK site that not only increases your technical skills but gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible.
Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergraduate years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate programme at an appropriate time. At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. You will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, hardworking Electronic Engineering students who enjoy solving complex problems to work alongside some of the most talented people in the UK.
We want you to help us by joining our highly skilled team designing systems installed on fast jet, UAV, land and naval platforms.
Key Responsibility Areas
- We will give you the opportunity to develop expertise in the areas of mixed signal ADC/DAC and FPGA based designs to execute high performance signal processing, communications and control algorithms.
- You will also learn how to assess your designs in our well-equipped laboratories and how to develop robust, reliable designs that will function reliably in harsh environments to enable decades of use.
- Your role may even take you across the UK or abroad for technical reviews.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- You will be on your way to an undergraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or General Engineering.
- It would be useful to include in your CV details of courses and projects you have undertaken at University
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Leonardo is one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD, come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around!
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, the largest Italian inward investor to the UK, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
The company generates exports worth around £1.3bn to the UK economy every year.
Our long-term investment in emerging technologies and subsequent devel
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Luton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948