You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Daventry, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
At Cummins Power Systems, we recognise that having the experience of working during your university degree gives you a key insight into the practical application of your learning.
Explore this unique opportunity to join a global power leader – Cummins are now seeking applications for 3 month engineering student placement roles within our Power Systems Business in Daventry (Northamptonshire) and Ramsgate (Kent) for a summer 2019 start.
Where could I be working?
We like our students to have a say in where they spend their rotations so you will be asked to let us know your business area preferences.
Potential Business Areas
Design Engineering (Mechanical & Electrical); Structural & Thermal Analysis; Product Development Testing and Validation; Test Engineering and Planning; Current Product Support, Engineering Manufacturing/Plant Support
To ensure you are happy throughout your time with us you will have regular reviews to discuss and share your experiences. Our engineering experts will coach & mentor you giving technical & personal feedback. The work will be challenging and give you the opportunity to deliver results whilst working in global teams on cross functional projects, adding value to our business and customers.
As well as the possibility of further placement positions, at Cummins Power Systems we initially look to our undergraduate talent to fill our graduate positions, so our undergraduate programme is a great starting point for your career with us.
Responsibilities and Experiences
- Apply engineering, physics and mathematical principles, practices & scientific skills to assigned tasks in the development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle and create engineering solutions whilst demonstrating a good understanding & application of your knowledge in an engineering discipline.
- Assist in creating design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service.
- Verify design using analysis and or functional testing, interpreting results, driving decisions and assessing risk.
- Work with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues.
- Evaluate customer needs and align requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Work independently using your own initiative, seeking support of team members when needed
- Bean active team member contributing towards team goals.
- may vary between business areas WHAT SKILLS COULD I GAIN/DEVELOP?*
- Personal development in communication, prioritisation of tasks, teamwork & innovation
- Application of analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management
- Designing & delivering presentations
- Working in cross functional teams
- Interaction at local and global level (within Cummins and externally with customers)
- Delivering superior results
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals who are innovative, driven to succeed with a real passion to challenge the status quo. Cummins, a global power leader, designs, manufactures, distributes and services multi fuel engines, gensets and related components and technologies for various markets including truck, bus, rail, marine, prime and standby power generation and mining.
With headquarters in Columbus, Indiana in the US, the company has operations in 197 countries and sales of over $18 billion in 2016.Cummins’ hire to develop strategy offers students and graduates an environment where structured development opportunities across its diverse range of engineering functions, allied with its broad international reach, allows it to provide long term, exciting and flexible career pathways.
The UK Power Systems technical centre has developed both new and current products within the Cummins high horse power range for over 40 years. This includes both natural gas and diesel products ranging from 38 to 91litres cubic capacity used in for key markets including rail, defence, marine, construction, mining and power generation applications around the world.With a strong ethos of continuous improvement the UK Power Systems technical centre has a broad range of engineering teams and has demonstrated a sustained ability to developing students through to graduate programmes and beyond.
Studying towards a Bachelor and/or Master of Science or equivalent degree in an Engineering or related discipline (including Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) preferably at 2:1 level or above.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Cummins are global leaders in the diesel engine, alternative fuel, power generation, turbocharging and emissions solutions markets.
With manufacturing plants in 14 countries, 55,000 employees, turnover of $18 billion in 2016, you would be joining an organisation that offers flexible career paths and opportunities on a
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Wellingborough, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1919