- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 20 Feb, 2019
- Posted on 22 Dec, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
TransferWise Engineering Bootcamp - Join us for the summer!
An internship at TransferWise is your chance to develop your skills within one of Europe's fastest growing companies ( https://ig.ft.com/ft-1000/2018/ ). You'll learn by doing, working directly with our teams to take on real-world projects that impact millions of people around the world.
Our paid Product Engineering Bootcamp will start in June and last for 3 months. You can apply to join one of our engineering hubs in Tallinn, London, Budapest, Cherkasy or Singapore. You'll join one of our teams as a developer and build products that matter. There will also be the opportunity to join us in a permanent role at the end of the internship.
Who should apply?
We're looking for people who are passionate about learning and building something that impacts the way the world works and lives. This opportunity is for you if:
- You're a massive tech nerd (like us) and love code in any shape or form
- You're kick-ass at full-stack modern web development (JVM and JS experience helps)
- Have built cool stuff which you can explain to your grandma
- When the DB goes nuts and your code goes sideways you keep your wits and find a solution
- We'll firstly review your application and see if you could be a fit for TransferWise. Make sure your CV is easy to read and clearly explains your achievements. Be sure to attach anything that shows your passion! Anything from your GitHub portfolio to blog posts you might have published
- If you're successful in the application review, we'll do a little test on your technical abilities (via HackerRank), just so we know you're not getting in over your head
- We'll then make sure you have some grasp on figuring out what people actually need, and how to provide that for them in our Engineering & Product Thinking Challenge
Please be aware that there will be some time in between application and coming back to you. The selection will kick off in March, as we will accept applications until end of February.
- Applications open: December, 2018
- Applications close: February, 2019
- We'll let you know who will be interviewed: March, 2019
- Tech Test & Interviews: March & April, 2019
- We announce accepted interns: May, 2019
- Join TransferWise: June, 2019
We're just at the beginning of our story and we're growing at an incredible pace. We won't stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they're doing. There's still heaps to do and we can't do it alone. Our People:
At TransferWise, you'll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You'll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you're keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren't afraid of a bold plan, you'll fit right in. How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You'll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
TransferWise is a financial company for people that travel, live and work internationally. We make sending money overseas up to 8 times cheaper than the bank, and our borderless account allows you to manage money in 28 different currencies. We’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money internationally.
How TransferWise start
- Technology & IT, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2011
Tea Bldg, 56 Shoreditch High St, London, UK