- Glasgow, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 May, 2019
- Posted on 03 Apr, 2019
- Start date: 02 Jun, 2019
The Operations Division at Morgan Stanley is the front line of defense for the Firm's financial and operational well-being, and works closely with almost all departments in order to safeguard the Firm's reputation and franchise. Operations partners with Sales & Trading, Finance, Legal, and Technology to execute the Firm's institutional, retail, and asset management businesses - via supporting and settling daily transactions, devising and implementing effective controls, developing strong client relationships, and engaging with its business partners to enable development of new structures, businesses, and markets.
The Operations Full-Time Analyst Program helps graduates build a solid foundation for a career in Operations, as well as an opportunity to develop the personal and professional competencies necessary to be successful within the Division, with an extensive development plan in place to expand experience and exposure over time. You will be placed within a team best aligned to your skills, and will be provided with ongoing classroom as well as on-the-job training designed to help you develop a thorough understanding of the business throughout the duration of the Program. Supervision and guidance will be provided by experienced Operations professionals to all Full-Time Analysts throughout the program, to ensure Analysts have full support throughout their critical development years as an Operations professional.
Placement and duration
Analysts join in February or August. The program runs in Glasgow for a duration of 2.5 to 3 years, at which point Analysts would typically progress to an Associate role within the Firm.
Full-Time Analysts start their program with a Firmwide Induction Day, followed by an intensive Core Training Program covering topics across products, policies and risk, to soft skills and technical skills. Analysts will also have exposure to guest lecturers, career development sessions, social and networking sessions. Teambuilding activities and project work will also be included to further strengthen technical understanding as well as soft skills.
Throughout the Program, Analysts will receive thorough on-the-job training across two different functions, continued classroom and online based training, as well as ongoing mentorship and guidance from mentors and designated Officers.
As part of the EMEA Operations Analyst Program, the Management Group actively support and encourage you to complete the CISI Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) as part of your Analyst experience.
- Trade Support & Reconciliation – Learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade, from deal capture to final settlement, to identifying and resolving breaks and discrepancies.
- Data Analysis & Reporting – Preparation, compilation, and analysis of regular metrics and dashboards to support business decision and strategy.
- Projects & Systems Testing – Take part in projects and initiatives, and use systems to efficiently mitigate risk, whilst developing relationships with Technology to design, develop, and implement solutions to business requirements.
- Team Collaboration – Work with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, issue follow-ups and escalations, and create best practices.
- Client Relationship Development – Understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure business needs are met, adhere to and protect client confidentiality, and ensure top quality client experience.
- You have or are on track to obtain a minimum 2.1 honors degree or equivalent.
- You have excellent leadership, inter-personal, and strong verbal and written communications skills.
- You pay close attention to detail, have analytical and problem-solving skills, and are able to understand and evaluate complex information quickly.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You are a team player and are client-service oriented.
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
About Morgan Stanley
- Investment banking & Fund Management
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1935