- London, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,136.0 per year
Reports to: Assistant Principal Design and Enterprise
Salary: Full time salary is grade 6 Point 19 – 26 (£22,443- £27,136) which will be Pro-rated
Contract: 1 year Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
Start date: ASAP
To support the staff and students in the preparation and delivery of the KS3 and KS4 curriculum for Food Technology. To ensure that the learning environment (classrooms and display boards) are up to date.
- To prepare (and where appropriate manufacture) teaching materials, recourses, and models as required to ensure effective support for teaching staff in the department
- To monitor standards and practices within the classroom and identify and communicate improvements to working practices to ensure the highest standards are achieved
- To assist with inventory of equipment and stock control in order to maintain a supply of food and other materials. Order stock as directed by the Head of Department so that resources are adequate for lessons
- To liaise with suppliers in the repair and maintenance of all machines and equipment
- To prepare and store food ingredients to ensure classes are well equipped
- To maintain and clean standard kitchen fixtures and fittings and prep areas on a daily basis
- To receive and check deliveries of supplies to ensure accuracy from suppliers
- To provide technical assistance and information in the classroom and across the school community in order to support students and staff
- To support students in the classroom environment to assist in the learning process where appropriate
- To maintain well organised teaching and materials preparation rooms
- To maintain and create safe and tidy storage areas and storage systems
- To demonstrate practical making techniques to groups of students and teachers and be willing to learn new techniques and deliver as necessary
- To assist with the maintenance of the departmental intranet
- To assist classroom teachers as directed to produce creative displays for the department that can be used to enhance classroom practice
- To work with the Head of Department to organise Departmental Safety Audits
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager.
Person Specification: Food Technology Technician
- Right to work in the UK
- Ideally qualified to degree level or proficient to A-Level standard in an area of technology
- Basic food hygiene certificate is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience
- Awareness of the latest Health & Safety regulations
- Ideally the candidate will have experience of working in a school
- Use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of dealing with suppliers in terms of organising quotations, ordering stock and arranging maintenance visits
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in a kitchen, to ensure a consistently safe working environment.
- Awareness of manual handling best practice.
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
- Ability to relate to young people and adults in the learning environment
- Helpful, positive, calm and caring nature
- Respectful of different experiences, ideas and backgrounds of the members of the whole school community
- Able to establish good and collaborative working relationships
- Able to remain calm in a fast passed environment
- Able to follow instructions accurately but make good judgments and lead when required
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Good communication skills, including written and oral
- Ability to work and plan under pressure
- Able to understand and implement particular strategies and methods to help pupils to improve their learning and enjoyment of learning
- Able to help implement the necessary routines and patterns to establish good behaviour management within the school
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Ark Schools
Education opens doors. It gives all children, whatever their background, the knowledge and confidence they need to succeed at home, at university, and at work.
We want all children to have a great education – and real choices in life. We run 35 schools in Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth, educating over 21,000 pupils. We also ru
- Academia & Education
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2006