You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Yeovil, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Through a comprehensive two-year programme, you will have the chance to gain a complete understanding of the organisation and be involved in real challenges from day one. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, while always being encouraged to use your initiative.
Typically your placements will consist of 3-6 month rotations across the International Government Sales (IGS) department including the opportunity to do an external placement elsewhere in the business. You will have the opportunity to build a network of contacts, which will assist you in your future development.
Alongside the core placements, the graduate scheme supports your personal development, such as DISC profiling and personal branding workshops, all with the aim of making you into an all-round professional.
Upon successfully completing the scheme, the plan is to transition you into a full-time role within within the company, with a vision to progress within Leonardo.
Please note that the nature of the graduate programme is very much a development role, therefore the responsibilities outlined below are not an exhaustive list and is very much subject to change.KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing pre-contract support to the Bids & Proposals Team for new aircraft proposals and major aircraft upgrade proposals.
- Preparing and submitting proposals for adhoc services (modifications, contractor working parties, technical services, training) to existing Ccustomers.
- Negotiating terms and conditions for new contracts.
- Managing new contracts and existing contracts.
- Understanding the offset requirements for each bid.
- Gaining internal and external approval for the offset projects identified.
- Translatinge customer bid requirements within the business to respond to these requirements in full.
- Supporting contract negotiations to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Managing the preparation of bid approvals.
- Managing and controlling proposal, cost, price and risk reviews
- Co-ordinatinge bids inputs from across the organisation. Critically analyse proposals to ensure completeness.
- Managing and delivering against strict schedule requirements to meet Ccustomer deadlines for bid submissions.
- Sounds team working skills and the ability to interface with and manage virtual teams
- Good business awareness, including knowledge of overall strategy and IKGS requirements for order intake and resource
- Sound project management skills
- Pro-active, able to work using own initiative to achieve demanding deadlines
- Detail conscious and commercially aware
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Industry experience beneficial but not essential
- Tenacity, fresh thinking and enthusiasm
- Analytical mind
- A strong team player
- Conscientious and keen to learn
- A keen interest in pursuing a career in business
- Must have been a permanent UK resident for a minimum of the past five years in order to meet security requirements
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelors or Masters
- The Leonardo Helicopter Graduate Development Programme is a two-year programme that allows graduates to complete a number of 3-6 month placements designed to provide practical experience within the organisation
- Alongside this, graduates complete a number of development activities at company and group level, which aim to ensure a smooth integration into the company whilst providing essential skills, knowledge and networking opportunities
- With over 230 trainees at Leonardo Helicopters, from apprentices to graduates, a thriving social network exists with regular organised social events to integrate newcomers
- Graduates will be based primarily within our Yeovil manufacturing HQ in Somerset; but potential opportunities for secondments and international travel exist
- Support for relocation is available
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension scheme
- Travelled and worked in Italy
- Worked on a number of bids including ones of significant value
- Contributed to the negotiation of contract amendments
- Forged strong working relationships with a number of senior managers and customers
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948