You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Mar, 2019
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award winning scheme?
We are looking to recruit the technical and business experts of the future through our nationally recognised, award winning Apprenticeship Programmes.
Leonardo’s two-year Business Apprenticeship scheme provides a variety of experiences through placements in business-related disciplines, working on real projects alongside specialists in the world of business. Placements you may cover include Commercial, Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Project Planning, Bid Management and Sales & Marketing. The final positions will be in our Project Support Group within the Radar and Advanced Targeting Sector in Edinburgh.
During the three-month placements, you will be working within cutting edge facilities, learning how the various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered, and having opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers. There may also be opportunities for travel between the company’s UK and international sites
Key Responsibility Areas
During your apprenticeship, you will complete the Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Business and required Core Skills on a day release basis, as well as undertake the Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 in business and administration.
Through a series of rotational placements you will gather real work evidence such as reflective accounts which describe day-to-day tasks you have completed and highlight the key business competencies demonstrated. The SVQ will require you to gather this evidence which demonstrates your development into a well-rounded business person through on-the-job training, gaining the essential practical skills needed to succeed.
Following completion of several placements, you will enter a final placement, becoming more focused on one particular discipline. This targeted learning allows you to build on your skills and knowledge and develop into a valuable member of the department.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- 2 Higher Grades:
- Mandatory: (A-C) Mathematics OR (A-C) English
- Mandatory: (A-C) Business subject (examples; Business Studies, Project/Business Management, Finance, Accounts etc.)
- 2 Standard Grades / National 5:
- Mandatory: (1-2) English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications to Highers/Standard Grades).
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- A passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving
- A minimum of 5 years’ permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 3 performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- Free gym membership
Don’t delay – APPLY NOW. The deadline for applications is 10th March 2019. Assessment Centres for this area will take place in April 2019.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- Basildon, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948