You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Description & Program Overview
Our Global Research organization works alongside the firm’s institutional sales and trading teams and interacts with external clients. Our research analysts provide insightful, objective and action-oriented recommendations designed to enable portfolio managers to make informed investment and risk management decisions. Quantitative Research across asset classes is an integral and growing component of the firm’s research offering, reflecting secular changes in the asset management industry that have seen data-driven, quantitatively oriented investment processes become increasingly common.
The summer programme in quantitative research will expose analysts to multiple asset classes and regional markets, including equities, interest rates, currencies and commodities. Quantitative researchers comment on, develop models for and devise investment strategies in some of the fastest growing areas in finance, such as cross asset risk premia, derivatives for hedging and alpha generation, assessing the impact of investment flows and external agents on market microstructure and sentiment, and much more. The models in quantitative research are not deployed in isolation, but in tune with macro-economic and market views to root them in fundamentals, thus requiring a broad and deep understanding of modern finance as well as trading instruments across asset classes.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Gaining experience of working on impactful quantitative projects requiring strong analytical and coding skills in a dynamic environment
- Developing a network of internal professionals, mentors, peers and possible future stakeholders across asset markets
- Developing the necessary confidence and experience to question and challenge senior team members/managers regarding investment advice, trade ideas and risks as well as communicating/presenting complex concepts in clear and simple terms
- Gaining insight into tradable financial instruments and structures within equities, interest rates, currencies, commodities and their respective derivatives markets
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
- A strong academic background in quantitative analysis (e.g. applied mathematics/statistics). A finance and economics or financial engineering/mathematics-related subject at masters level is desirable.
- Advanced proficiency in quantitative analysis and statistics including time series and big / complex datasets, with either financial market or academic experience
- Strong Excel and programming skills, preferably in Python, R, Matlab, VBA, SQL etc
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may be required for some roles
- Effective written and presentation skills – a key asset for a quant researcher is to write up and explain often complex concepts in the simplest terms
- Candidates should have a keen eye for detail – accuracy and consistency is crucial in this fast-paced environment
- Candidates must show a long-term interest in the field of quantitative finance and demonstrate achievements towards their pursuit of a career in this field.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team within a fast-paced environment, and show leadership and problem solving skills.
- Exposure to machine learning, natural language processing and advanced information theory a plus
- Exposure to derivatives a plus
- Knowledge of quantitative investment strategies including risk premia or factor-based investing a plus
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organization understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Competitive Salary and Great Benefits
Application Deadline: November 15 2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK