You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 31 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you have a passion for solving challenges, building solutions and getting things done with a data driven mindset?
Have you done things that others told you were impossible? Have you gone all out to get a project across the line? If you have then read on...
You’ll be joining a high growth business, where innovation and dynamism thrive. Data sits at the heart of our business and informs what we do. We launch 3-5 designs on our website every single day. A new design cycle begins every month which means that we can constantly iterate our range based on the latest insights. The pace is fast (we get a designer’s sketch to site in 12 weeks) and the ability to react to data is unprecedented in the industry.
We are looking for a Graduate Analyst to join the business at an exciting point in its journey. Sitting within the Business Intelligence function and reporting directly to the BI Manager you will work alongside the Operations team to help drive a data-first culture across our teams and drive our growth by using data in bold new ways that deliver commercial results.
You will develop analytics and insights for the Operations team to drive efficiencies, improvements and strategic gains across areas including Customer Service, Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouse Management.
Over time you will have the opportunity to work across other business functions to tackle a range of complex business challenges we face related to Marketing, Finance and Categories.
This job isn’t for everyone, or just anyone. The pace is fast, expectations are high and resources are always constrained. You will have responsibilities from the start. We’re not going to pretend it’s going to be easy. Trying to build the future is never easy.
This role would suit an individual who wants to develop their analytical skills and gain experience of applying their knowledge to complex real life business situations. You will have exposure to some of the latest tools and challenged to find the best data driven solutions. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment and up for bouncing ideas around with other analysts and business leaders to crack problems that will transform our company for the better.
- Develop analytics and insights for the Operations team to drive efficiencies, improvements and strategic gains across areas including Customer Service, Supply Chain, Logistics and Warehouse Management
- Own core weekly and monthly performance reporting processes and focus on automating these processes using BI tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
- Working with business stakeholders to uncover customer insights which could help shape business decisions
- Work alongside our other analysts and BI team to tackle a range of complex challenges we face related to Marketing, Finance and Categories
- Leverage market and company insight studies to develop broader analysis that changes how we work
- Network actively to keep up to date with industry developments and innovation
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Numerical/analytical skills and/or STEM degree
- Experience of manipulating data, programming or using data analysis tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python)
- An agile mind and can understand new concepts quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present complex ideas in a simple way
- The ability to work under own initiative and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Someone who isn’t waiting their turn and has already demonstrated a desire and ability to make things happen
- A passion for problem solving
- Competitive salary
- Share options programme
- Wellbeing benefit
- Pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- Perkbox voucher/discount platform
- Your birthday as an additional day off
- Increasing holiday allowance with tenure
- Friends & family discount
Established in 2012, and backed by Index Ventures (Deliveroo, Dropbox) and Octopus Investments (Zoopla, Secret Escapes), we’re on a mission to be a global online interiors brand; making homes remarkable through distinctive design, beautiful craft and fair prices.
Swoon is an advocate for people who believe that home is a sanctuary and has the power to physically affect our health and happiness. Our customers are stylish and savvy professionals who are time-poor but thought-rich; they demand the best out of life.
We call them Hip & Humble, the obsessive creators of homes that constantly evolve with ideas that are as unique as their owners.
Swoon’s business model helps to fulfil the interior desires of the Hip & Humble. Our Fast & Responsive Design Process enables us to launch new designs every day, initially in a small batch. And our direct-to-consumer brand, without the traditional retail overheads, ensures our designs are not only distinctive but affordable too. We use real-time sales data to test demand very quickly and then scale production on only the most popular pieces.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.