You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our client is a leading International Integrated Energy Trading Company; a trader of Commodity and Energy products including Crude and Oil Products, Gas, Power and LNG.
This role is part of the Middle Office/Risk Control Department, and reports into the Product Control Manager.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the financial close process on behalf of the middle office;
- Responsible for scheduling, co-ordinating and minuting the monthly close process, identifying and documenting any appropriate actions or issues, and working with partners in the business to achieve a successful and smooth closing process for all business lines;
- Responsible for ensuring that system control reconciliations are in place and operating effectively to support the accounts generation process;
- Responsible for co-ordinating the management information gathering and collection processes are completed timely and shared with management teams as required;
- Responsible for co-ordinating with business partners to ensure transactional systems are as up to date as would be operationally expected, and visibility of transactions throughout the deal life cycle are understood and transparent through the use of appropriate KPIs;
- Policies and processes underpinning the financial accounts are in place and operating effectively;
- Working with IT on continual improvement to support efficient and accurate close process.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree level education, preferably in Finance/Banking/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering
- Professional qualifications (Accounting, ERM) an advantage
- Commodities/Derivatives Product Control and/or Financial Control/Internal Audit and/or Accounting.
- Extensive relevant experience.
- A candidate with both Accounting and Product Control experience an advantage;
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls and procedures;
- Track record of improving existing procedures;
- Experience in Energy products and markets;
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth;
- Project management experience;
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
London based, Specialist Boutique Recruitment Consultancy, Richard James Recruitment Specialists offer resource partnering and executive search services specialising in the Energy & Commodity industry globally, and the Accounting & Finance sector.
Energy & Commodities:
Globally, we source niche, hard to find candidates acro
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2016
8, The Gridiron, Kings Cross, London N1C 4AG, UK