- Bexhill-on-Sea, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 16 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 30,000.0 per year
IT Graduate Scheme
Our IT Graduate Scheme is designed to give graduates the exposure to our proactive, strategic, business-focused IT Delivery teams. These teams are highly specialised in the work they do and you’ll be exposed to a wide range of different platforms, syntax and technologies; be taught by real experts in a highly collaborative, agile and supportive environment.
We are committed to coach, mentor and guide you to help you forge a career in this highly competitive industry.
Over the 12 months of the scheme, you will take on different placements in our cross-functional IT Delivery teams such as Application Development, Database Development and Application Support. Each placement is designed to be hands-on and your work will be on projects that make a real difference to our business involving:
- Designing moderately complex programs from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Creating, amending and tracking our programs in accordance with the design.
- Conducting programme tests, correct errors and re-test to achieve error-free results.
- Providing support to our colleagues when they need us with an aim to resolve issues.
Our scheme is designed for you if you are passionate about IT, technology, have a hunger to learn and a drive to expand your range of skills. You will have regular interactions and work alongside a wide range of leaders and different departments across the business. You will be provided with bespoke career development, which will be tailored to you and your aspirations whilst giving you enhanced technical, communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.
Throughout our Graduate scheme you will get a technical mentor and during each placement you will be assigned a buddy to support you on a day to day basis.
About Hastings Direct
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.7 million customers in the UK. We've significantly grown our customer base over the last three years and we now employ over 3,400 colleagues.
It’s our attitude and the way we run our business that makes us different. Our business model enables us to remain agile, price effectively and to deliver refreshingly straightforward service and products for customers.
Education and skills required;
- A university degree (or above) – any discipline (an IT based qualification is desirable)
- A solid foundation knowledge in IT technology.
- A hunger and passion for working with technology.
- An inquisitive nature.
- Self-aware – you are clear on your strengths and development areas.
- Ability to contribute to the conversation and comfortable with a variety of stakeholders.
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and problem solving skills.
Interview process & timeline in brief
- Applications reviewed within 2 weeks of submitting an application.
- Assessment days to be held week in December and January.
- Outcome and next step appointments to be made by mid – January.
Benefits for you
Please find some of the great benefits we offer here at Hastings Direct;
- A competitive basic salary which will we share with you upon shortlisting.
- Bonus earning potential.
- Flexible working – the opportunity to work from home.
- 23 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
- Flexible benefits – buy or sell holidays, healthcare cash plan, Share incentive plan – after 6 months service.
- Discounted Hastings Direct products, high – street retailer discounts.
- Employee discount scheme for large UK retailers.
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Hastings Direct
Hastings Group is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider providing services to the UK car, van, bike and home insurance market. Big enough to compete but small enough to grow, the Group has strong relationships with all major price comparison websites, a cost effective digital marketing model and a focus on custom
- Technology & IT, Banking & Financial Services
- in Bexhill-on-Sea, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1997