You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Loughton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 03 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 80.0 per day
*** Science Technician - Physics ***
*** Mainstream Secondary School ***
*** "Good" Ofsted ***
*** ASAP Start ***
We are working with a "Good" Ofsted-rated mainstream secondary school in Loughton in North East London / Essex who are currently looking to recruit a physics focussed science technician. The role is long-term sick cover, however it may become longer term or permanent.
The school require a candidate with a Physics A-Level and preferably a science degree, interested in and knowledgeable about science across the board in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You will join the Science Department, working with and supporting class teachers in science classes from Year 7 to A-level, carrying out relevant duties required by the Senior Technician or Class Teachers. Assist the Teaching Staff in demonstrating the use of equipment and apparatus, designing and constructing equipment and apparatus for use in experiments.
You will be preparing practical equipment, apparatus and resources, monitoring standards and practices within the labs and providing technical and learning assistance in the classroom.
Other responsibilities include ensuring equipment and materials are maintained in good order and in a safe condition and that adequate levels of materials and equipment are available for use by teachers and students including the completion of purchase orders for final approval by the Principal. Keep stores well organised and hazardous substances labelled and kept in a safe place and keep preparation rooms, fume cupboards and laboratories in a safe and tidy condition.
The school is within walking distance of 2 tube stations and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- A-Level in Physics
- Qualified to degree level in a scientific field, preferably physics
- Confident preparing and assisting carrying out experiments and practicals up to A level
- Health and Safety training or experience and be aware of safety issues
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner. Proactive, engaging and empathetic.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A team with over 50 years combined Education and Recruitment experience, providing short to long-term Teaching and Support Staff opportunities in London schools and beyond.
At Veritas, we firmly believe that one thing that the Recruitment sector and the Education sector have in common is that they are both 100% focused on people. Within
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2015