You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
As a billion pound company success often stems from not just the Marketing and Commercial teams, but also all the back-end functions which help to make the business move as smoothly as possible. At L’Oréal, Purchasing is not just sitting on excel, you will have direct exposure to people in all functions including marketing, purchasing and IT providing you with the perfect opportunity to understand how L'Oréal operates.
As the Purchasing Intern you will be responsible for assisting the team with the efficient creation and implementation of purchasing initiatives. This includes new product launches and promotional activities across all UK retailers. It is a key position within a busy team, reporting to the Purchasing Manager. You will work closely with the marketing team and liaising with external suppliers and retailers.
Day-to-day you may be...
• Optimising the Group’s financial results by controlling and ensuring adherence to contracts
• Using your initiative to develop meaningful Management Information (MI) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from complex and varied sources, and report in a timely manner to the wider finance team
• Liaising with a complex and diverse stakeholder groups to inform and educate about purchasing initiatives
• Daily management of key indirect spend category of travel and accommodation, identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce cost and enhance service
• Providing key corporate decision-makers with timely and accurate information to take business decisions and / or shape L'Oréal policy
• Analysing, reporting on and exploring new areas of opportunity for the L’Oréal Purchasing Team, primarily through manipulating Microsoft Excel data
• Supporting and assisting the maintenance of data and documents pertaining to the performance and objectives of the Purchasing Team
• Providing support to other members of the Purchasing Team on sourcing initiatives as and when required
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• A strong sense of initiative and problem solving
• A flexible approach to work, with an ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
• Numerate and PC literate: in particular with strong Excel skills
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Networking skills and the ability to interact with all areas of the business
• Eligible to work in the UK
• In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 34 world-famous brands selling in 140 countries, it’s easy to see why L’Oréal are the world’s No. 1 cosmetics group. Even our brands are household names in their own right. From Ralph Lauren to Diesel; Maybelline to Urban Decay, if there’s a name you love in cosmetics, there’s a good chance it’s ours. That’s because we have the best tale
- Chemicals & pharmaceuticals, Retail
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1909
255 Hammersmith Rd, London W6 8AZ, UK