You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 50,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We have 20 campuses globally including: London, New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Washington D.C.and Sydney. We also partner with Fortune 500 companies to drive innovation through training in digital capacity, leadership and more effective approaches to collaboration.
As a Junior Career Support at General Assembly, you will work within the course production team to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps so that our graduates are prepared and confident in their job search. Ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner, and confident in their ability to find roles that they are excited about, is critical for this position.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is happy to work as a contractor. This is a flexible role between 10 - 15 hours per week and may suit someone who is already working freelance or part-time in a digital role.
- Wants to work in digital education, training and professional development. Ideally you have 1-2 years’ experience within digital recruitment, administration or copywriting.
- Values empathy and is highly compassionate. You’ll be providing support for adult students that are working hard to achieve their career goals. You’ll have the patience, kindness and good humour to ensure they feel supported every step of the way.
- Is able to confidently give constructive, written and verbal feedback to people of diverse professional and life backgrounds.
- Is open to and enjoys administrative responsibilities (student trackers etc), and operations-related work, (planning, scheduling, reviewing).
- Has a great eye for detail. Maybe you studied English at university or perhaps you just love a good book. You can spot a typo from 100 paces and take pride in having excellent written communication skills.
- Maintains a positive and solutions-focused attitude, remains calm and friendly under pressure.
- Can navigate an ever-changing, fast paced startup environment.
- You're interested in (and familiar with) the London tech and startup community.
- You attend meetup events regularly and love meeting new people.
- You know & love GA and have attended GA events, workshops or courses in the past.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual, who leads by example. Our community is at the heart of what we do at GA and we need someone bright, kind, and highly organised to join the General Assembly London team. You’ll be primarily responsible for supporting the professional development of GA graduates from our immersive (full-time 11 or 13 week) courses.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
Communications - Providing customer service and administration support to our Production team, monitoring new student progress on pre-work and supporting the operations for the delivery of our full-time programmes in Web Development, User Experience Design and Data Science.
Tracking Student Progress - Documenting student progress in their job-search preparation using our internal tools. Reviewing and providing feedback on student’s job search work (CV, online presence) to support them developing critical personal branding skills (spell checking, key content and formatting).
Internal Team Connector - Scheduling meetings and calendar management for students and the operations team. Utilise and coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
Risk Management - Track student progress and highlight to teammates and stakeholders when a student isn’t doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that we’re putting quality, qualified grads into our community.
Event Production & Promotion - Helping to produce quarterly events on campus and support the promotion of these events. Researching job and partnership opportunities. Designing and putting together promotional materials for these events.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About General Assembly
We transform careers and teams — including more than one third of the Fortune 100 — through dynamic courses in coding, data, design, and business.
Today’s complex, global economy requires a skilled workforce that can leverage technology to fuel success. Our pioneering, experiential education includes full-time and part-time courses taug
- Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2011