- Luton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 26 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Imagine you are in a conflict zone, responsible for fixing the broken Electronic Warfare Equipment on an RAF jet. Do you have the right tools, spares, training to do the job under pressure?
Supportability Engineering is about planning cost effective support of equipment through its life, ensuring that the end user has:
- Equipment that will be reliable and easy to maintain relevant handbooks / help files
- Training that will enable them to use and maintain the equipment
- The correct infrastructure, tools and test equipment so that they can use and maintain the equipment in challenging environments.
This is done through mathematical analysis and modelling, equipment appraisals, handbook preparation and training course preparation and delivery.
Supportability Engineering are involved in the whole life cycle of a product (from concept to disposal) and work with design engineers, equipment suppliers, production teams and end users.
The Graduate Supportability Engineer will gain an understanding of all functions within the department and will undertake specific tasks which contribute to the processes, knowledge or deliverables of the company.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking.
We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our customers demands.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. Relevant degrees include systems/electronics/aeronautical engineering, mathematics and physics. or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- Basic understanding of electronics - components & systems (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to organise data (from a range of data formats) and extract pertinent facts and conclusions
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good report writing ability
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Luton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948