- Leeds, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 05 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
Trainee Graduate Surveyor
c.18 – 20k depending upon experience
To assist our Construction Team in providing Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Building Surveying services and develop skills as a Trainee / Graduate Surveyor.
Supported under the direction of Directors and Senior Surveyors, you will be required to assist with the following duties:
- Measurement, estimating and cost planning
- Procurement advice
- Preparation of tender documents / tender reports
- Preparing Contract documents
- Financial reporting and cost control
- Document control / management (hard and soft versions)
- Valuations and site inspections
- Undertaking Employers Agent and Project Management duties
- Appointment and coordination of consultants
- Attend site meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to take direction and meet demanding time and quality targets
- Track record in academic achievement
- Minimum academic requirements – two A levels (or equivalent) Grade C or above and a minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grades C or above including Maths and English Language
- Currently studying / due to complete / have completed your RICS accredited degree.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills and competency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be methodical and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work on your own initiative
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Full clean UK driving licence or in the process of learning to drive (as to progress to Project Surveyor there would be a requirement to drive to sites)
- Working towards completing (or recently completed) RICS accredited Hons Degree in Quantity Surveying
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual working towards completing a Surveying related degree, aspiring to gain invaluable experience. Longer-term an ambition to progress within a well-established firm and work towards becoming a Chartered Surveyor.
To be considered for this role you will be in your second year (onwards) of an RICS accredited Quantity Surveying degree, be well presented, have an excellent work ethic and strong desire to learn.
Fox Lloyd Jones is a dynamic boutique advisory and project delivery business in the property and construction sector with ambitious growth plans. Our principal service areas are:-
- Project and Cost Management
- Building Surveying Services
- Agency and Development Management
- Valuation and Banking Support including Development Monitoring
- Business Relocation
To provide a Director led high quality “best in class” service to national and regional property investment and development companies, corporate occupiers, private high net worth individuals and funding institutions. We operate entirely on a referral model for new business generation and internal emphasis on client care and cross selling. Going the “extra mile” is a given for all members of the team. The business is 16 years old.
Our aspiration is to employ someone in one of the following positions:
- Year out / sandwich student assuming you are currently completing an RICS accredited degree in either Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Building Surveying (with the prospect of continued support employment and support through the remainder or your degree).
- Post Graduate position (full time position), assuming you have completed an RICS accredited degree in either Quantity Surveying, Project Management or Building Surveying.
Interested? If so, please send your cv by return.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.