You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
Location: Battersea, London
£24-27K per annum plus performance-related bonus, healthcare insurance & wellbeing benefits
Exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious and commercially minded graduate to play a vital role on projects to make our technology smarter and be involved in the end to end product development cycle.
Liv-ex (The London International Vintners Exchange) operates the global marketplace for fine wine. We provide data, trading and settlement services to the majority of merchants in this field worldwide. Our goal is to make fine wine trading more transparent, efficient and safe for the benefit of our members and the market as a whole. The culture of the company is hard working, committed yet informal, energetic and action oriented.
As award winners in 2016, 2017 and 2018, our products are already achieving industry acclaim. With increased investment planned by Liv-ex in the coming years, an exciting vacancy has arisen in our Tech team for a Product Analyst.
We are looking for an ambitious and dynamic graduate to join us on our journey to make our technology smarter and more adoptable for the market we serve. You will be a member of the Tech team, reporting to one of our Product Managers, gathering requirements and suggesting solutions for future features and products. You will also be working closely with our Engineering team to understand and solve problems in a collaborative fashion.
You will support on projects from start to finish, making data-driven decisions to ensure that the products and features you work on reach their full potential.
- Contribute towards the delivery of business requirements across entire product lifecycles, from initial discovery through to launch and benefit realisation
- Understand, document and prioritise high level business requirements and turn them into accurate user stories that our offshore engineering team can estimate and deliver
- Contribute towards user story creation to define requirements and estimations in collaboration with Engineering
- Work with our offshore UI/UX team to ensure user interfaces and journeys are intuitive
- Develop, prioritise and maintain the backlog of user stories for implementation
- Help to define NFRs and their importance in truly delivering business value
- Review and provide feedback on user stories delivered, demonstrating product deliverables and sharing your team’s success stories with the rest of the business
- Manage stakeholder relationships and needs at various levels throughout the business
- Troubleshooting and supporting production systems when required
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Technical Team Lead and Cloud Infrastructure Architect to create a friendly and collaborative working environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A degree in Business Management, Digital Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- A comprehensive understanding of the full project lifecycle (from initiation through to benefits realisation)
- A good commercial mind and able to use initiative, intellectually curious
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information, in a simple and visual manner
- Quantitative skills to support our drive to data-driven decision making
- A passion for overcoming complex challenges with simple solutions
- Able to articulate technical pieces of work and illustrate the business value to various stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex features/algorithms into small, easily digestible chunks for non-tech people and maintain a clear understanding of a product or feature’s purpose; the “why”.
- Ability to deliver value quickly, iterate and learn; comfortable pushing back and challenging stakeholders
- Tenacious and resilient to see ideas through to fruition, despite challenge
- Self-sufficient and able to work in a constantly evolving environment with minimal guidance
- Driven and hard-working with an informal work manner
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
Desirable but not mandatory
- A keen interest and a fascination for the fine wine market
- Previous experience or placement year in a similar role, ideally in a software environment
- Knowledge of JIRA and agile methodology
- Master’s degree in a related discipline
- Contact: Recruitment Team
- Job ID: 83133920
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Liv-ex is the fine wine market. Merchants from around the world use our trading, data and settlement services to help grow their fine wine businesses.
Liv-ex’s global network enables to members to trade safely and efficiently with other merchants worldwide. Our comprehensive data brings transparency to the market, and offers valua
- Consumer goods
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 1999