You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,136.0 per year
Job title: Graduate Property and Asset Management Internship
Salary: £357 per week (£10.20 ph)
Hours: 35 hours (Monday- Friday)
An exciting 3 month internship opportunity has arisen for a graduate within the Economic Growth Directorate, within the Property and Asset Management Team, London Borough of Waltham Forest. Please ensure that you can travel to Walthamstow before applying for the position.
You will provide support across our projects relating to data collection and analysis work - in particular, assisting the Asset Management team by providing evidence based data set on occupancy and utilisation at a priority list of non-residential properties.
Key tasks and deliverables of the internship include;
- Develop a robust dataset required to inform strategic property decisions
- To provide measures of :
Frequency of use - how often the property is used in comparison to its availability
Occupancy - How full the property is compared to its capacity
Utilisation - the overall measure of utilisation for each building, on an area by area basis broken down by service area.
- To provide views and recommendations on improvements in space configuration where relevant
- In relation to office space, to calculate the number of desks and staff.
- To assist in determining whether the 7:10 staff ratio is applied,
- To determine the total number of staff currently occupying each building on an area by area basis, broken down by service area.
- Numbers and sizes of meeting rooms, collaborative working areas, toilets and reception areas etc. in each building.
- Identify back office and customer facing services operating from the building.
- Provide support in general to the Asset Management team where required
The Property Intern will have the opportunity to be involved in other property related projects on completion of the space utilisation exercise, as outlined above.
The ideal candidate will preferably have a degree in Estates Management or Geography, or be working towards such qualification. Alternatively, a degree in another relevant discipline will be considered, but the successful candidate should have demonstrable interest in property, asset management or space planning.
The successful candidate will also need to have;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computing and analysis skills
- Excellent work ethic
- A proactive and hardworking approach
- The ability to work well within a team
- Excellent time management skills
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About University of London
The University of London is one of the oldest, largest and most diverse universities in the UK. Established by Royal Charter in 1836, the University is recognised globally as a world leader in Higher Education.
The University is made up of 18 independent member institutions of outstanding reputation and a number of highly acclaimed centra
- Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1836
Senate House, Malet St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7HU, UK