You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Forensic & Litigation Consulting practice offers one of the industry's most complete range of advisory services to clients across the world. Our service offerings include anti-money laundering compliance and investigations; Bribery and corruption investigations; forensic accounting; fraud and other financial crime investigations; governance, risk and regulatory advice; regulatory investigations and litigation support and transactional data analytics.
The Data and Analytics (D&A) practice is a global team of experienced data experts with offices in key business hubs around the world providing intensive analytics and delivering strategic business solutions for client matters involving large and disparate sets of financial, operational and transactional data. Our objective is to make data tell a story, revealing truths underlying commercial disputes, regulatory inquiries and operational activities.
D&A consultants will be required to apply their knowledge in developing diverse solutions to numerous clients often in distressed situations. The areas of investigation include litigation, regulatory investigation, compliance, and accounting and fraud issues among many others.
- Identify, acquire, synthesise, mine and analyse diverse and voluminous client data
- Implement systems/processes to transform and consolidate disparate sets of data according to business rules
- Work both with senior elements and directly with clients and stakeholders to understand and identify their requirements
- Perform analytical work, individually and in project teams
- Guarantee the quality of the delivered work, by performing quality control checks and quality control documentation
- Implement and run data tasks such as: data analysis, predictive analysis, data visualization
- Graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 bachelor’s degree in a subject that involves computer science, technology or data analytics
- Proficiency in RDBMS design and implementation (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or other)
- Proficiency in at least one SQL language extension (T-SQL, PL/SQL or other)
- Experience with scripting languages such as PERL or Python
- Ability to perform in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Passion for problem-solving and strong analytical skills
- Ability to be a team player and interact with client personnel
- Willingness to research, analyse and develop new skills
- Flexibility with respect to assigned engagements and tasks due to changing deadlines, deliverables and priorities
- Awareness of accounting, finance and information system terminology
- Excellent communication (written and spoken), interpersonal and organisational skills Candidates must be willing and able to travel at short notice
- Data visualisation experience
- Forensic investigations experience
- Mathematical or statistical analysis experience
- MBA or MSc in a field involving computer science, data analytics/science, or information systems
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
What we offer you:
As a graduate in our globally-managed D&A team, you will have a development plan that follows our six-year framework. Through internal and external training you will build the capabilities required to perform and communicate intensive analyses on an evolving universe of structured data. We guide you in gaining certifications and recognised achievements such as SQL, programming languages and data visualisation. We have a global network of offices, as well as global clients, which gives you the opportunity to work overseas and to help grow our practices early in your career.
We can also offer you:
- A very competitive salary and benefits package
- The chance to be part of interesting and challenging projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities
- The chance to work with experienced professionals from a range of backgrounds and expertise
A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance FTI Consulting offers a competitive and attractive reward package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your full potential.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm that provides strategic advice to clients worldwide. The varied expertise of our employees makes our company a thought leader across a wide range of industries, providing us with the ability to offer expert advice and support to our clients in any situation. FTI has acted on behalf of companie
- Consulting & Accounting, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1982