You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 12 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 25,000.0 per year
In this Energy Forecasting Analyst graduate job, you will be joining the market leader in forecasting solutions, who respond to problems in the energy industry. Founded in 1992, they offer immediately accessible and highly accurate forecasting solutions for wholesale energy markets worldwide. Their expert, dedicated team of analysts and engineers work to provide accurate, reliable, and comprehensive forecasting solutions to a vast and eclectic client base.
In this Energy Forecasting Analyst job, you will be the newest member of the UK analyst team, joining an organisation who work across the US, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. You will be working to constantly improve the accuracy of the business forecasts and the reliability of the service. You will need to be mathematical, analytical and energy-savvy - as you'll be expected to hit the ground running in this role, handling big data sets, maintaining different data processing tools and developing methodologies around emerging energy trends.
In this Energy Forecasting Analyst graduate job, your responsibilities will include:
* Learning the businesses proprietary methods of electric load and gas forecasting, model production, statistical calibration and maintenance
* Learning Unix/Windows command line interfaces for interaction with the software product
* Helping to maintain and develop the different data processing tools (data processing scripts, databases and forecast deliveries)
* Manipulating and analysing large datasets in the process of building models
* Working in cooperation with the Client Support Engineers to ensure the efficient delivery of forecasts and services
* Interacting with customers via phone, email and in person either in the office or directly at their place of business
* Using your statistical background and analytical skills to describe complex results in a concise manner
* Researching and helping to develop methodologies around emerging energy trends and new markets, potentially leading to new product development
So, what are we looking for?
* A minimum of a 2.1 from a top university
* Ideally an Economics or Mathematical background, with solid understanding of Econometrics
* A genuine interest in both analysis and working with technology to create highly detailed forecasts
* Previous experience or a postgraduate knowledge of statistical theory and / or econometrics would be ideal, but is not a pre-requisite
* Confidence working autonomously, with a real team spirit
What else is on offer?
* A great starting salary of £25,000
* A cycle ownership scheme along with a pension plan
* Fantastic offices in Central London
* The opportunity to work and learn from experienced professional in a highly specialised market
Looking for energy graduate jobs in London and want to work in the energy industry? If you're interested in forecasting and working for a global business, apply for this Energy Forecasting Analyst job in London today!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Give A Grad A Go
Give A Grad A Go is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment firm, matching exceptional graduates with the country’s most exciting businesses.
Since 2009, we've successfully placed over 2,000 of the UK's most outstanding grads into hundreds of companies throughout the UK. Our client database covers a huge range of firms; from burgeon
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2009