You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 30,064.0 per year
Unlocked turns talented graduates into inspiring leaders through a two-year development programme focusing on prisoner rehabilitation and reducing reoffending. The course provides specialist knowledge and advanced understanding of the prison environment that will enhance your professional practice as a prison officer and build an academically informed, evidence-based perspective on a wide range of issues in criminal justice. It will give you the skills and expertise to change attitudes and perceptions to encourage new approaches that support rehabilitation.
- Two year leadership development programme to start your career all elements of standard prison officer training as well as starting your Master’s studies. This will include two weeks in your prison.
- Intensive initial training on a six week residential which will cover
- Ongoing mentoring by a experienced prison officer who will support your continual professional development
- Work placement opportunities with employers outside the prison sector
- Fully funded master’s degree in leadership and rehabilitation, taken alongside your full-time role as a prison officer
- Opportunity to influence government by contributing to a policy paper which will be delivered to the Secretary of State
- Onward career opportunities in a range of industries, including government and public policy, law, consultancy, and others
You will be part of a group of at least six Unlocked officers within your assigned prison, working as full-time prison officers and benefitting from the guidance of a trained professional mentor, learning skills which can be transferred into leadership positions in any sector. You will work in a prison in London or the South East, helping prisoners to make their experience in prison an effective exercise in rehabilitation.
Unlocked Graduates is also aiming to change the way that we think about prisons and prisoners by focussing on rehabilitation, and addressing the terrible damage and cost of reoffending. Being an effective prison officer is about being a leader: protecting, educating and motivating some of society’s most challenging and vulnerable people.
What's in it for you
The Unlocked two-year graduate Leadership Development Programme will give you exceptional communication, project management and leadership skills, enabling you to lead in any industry in your future career. Serving as a prison officer, you’ll build these skills through working with prisoners to identify and implement actions and strategies that will help them break the cycle of reoffending. You will also recieve:
- A starting salary of up to £30,064 for a 37- hour week
- During your second year on the programme you will be invited to develop a consultancy paper for which you will receive an additional £4,000.
- Accelerated leadership development training and be offerered a fully funded master’s degree (PGDip at the end of year one)
Who we're looking for
Unlocked offers a world-class programme of accelerated leadership development training and experience that will help you to realise your potential and access influential roles across a variety of sectors. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping to address a very significant problem for the UK as a whole, and delivering life-changing support to the individuals you work with.
But this is not an easy option. You’ll be working with demanding people in a challenging and sometimes pressured environment. You will have to confront issues that are unpalatable, and deal with people who may not conform to usual codes of behaviour.
To be successful in engaging prisoners and helping them to make the changes necessary to reintegrate with society, you will need a particular blend of attributes.
You'll also need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have, or be expecting to receive, at least a 2:1 undergraduate degree qualification by July 2018 or equivalent*
- Grade C GCSE English and Maths
- Have the right to work in the UK for the duration of the programme (26 months)
*If you have just missed this threshold, you are still welcome to apply but you must demonstrate a very high level of the personal attributes we are looking for. There is also space on the application form to state any extenuating or mitigating circumstances for your academic results.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Unlocked Graduates
Unlocked is a new and groundbreaking scheme which will hire top graduates and career changers to work in prisons as officers for two years, focusing on breaking cycles of re-offending and giving second chances to those who lacked opportunities earlier in life. Participants will also engage in rigorous training and leadership development throu
- Charity & Non-profit
- in London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2016
22 Wenlock Rd, London N1 7GU, UK